The Entrepreneurship Centre is delighted to be supporting the 2017 Santander Universities Enterprise Awards.
Both students and graduates of the University of Cambridge are eligible to apply for the competitions. Please note that alumni must have officially graduated within two years of the date of submission.
Download the Terms & Conditions, including eligibility criteria (pdf, 28KB).
- All applicants must submit a two-minute video and provide a business model canvas for their startup idea
- A panel from the University of Cambridge will consider each application, and select the best two entries in each category to go forward to the national UK competition
- The winner of the national contest will be announced at an event in London
We will be shortlisting applicants to choose the best business ideas and startups. The final deadline for us to submit our chosen entries to Santander is 23 April 2017 (by 16:00). If you're interested in participating, please contact email email@example.com.
Your pitch at the national final will be judged on the following criteria. Each will be weighted equally and scored from one to 10:
- Business mission, purpose and overview
- Understanding of your customers and your value proposition
- Identification and mitigation of risks
- Demonstration of learning from accelerator week
- Growth strategy
The University of Cambridge is permitted to submit two ideas per category, which will be put forward for the national competition. If you are nominated by the University, then your submission will be passed to Santander.
Download the Santander Universities Entrepreneurship Awards information Pack to find out more (pdf, 971KB)