In response to demand within the global legal market, this bespoke Women in Law Leadership Programme brings together key aspects of our successful "Law Firm Partner as Leader" programme with sessions aimed specifically at the unique challenges faced by female leaders today.
The programme has been specifically designed for those female law firm partners who recognise that in order to thrive in the law firm environment, they, as individuals, need to be equipped with the insights, skills and techniques which will help them meet the demands of today's partner role and make them not just more effective leaders at firm and practice level, but also more effective role models.
The programme brings together leading business academics from the University of Cambridge and top consulting professionals, with a wealth of experience in providing strategic and leadership advice and development skills. The result is a unique learning event which blends academic and practically based sessions to provide participants not only with an in-depth understanding of the concepts of law firm management and their role, but also with the skills to apply those concepts in their daily working lives.
Topics covered include:
- Integrated leadership and the motivational dynamics of lawyers
- Law firm strategies: practice segmentation; aligning the firm's practices, people and resources
- Strategic talent management in law firms
- Leadership styles: becoming an effective role model, coach and mentor
- High performance teams: making your teams even more effective
- Leadership and values: the power of personal example; leadership and change
- Leading and sustaining change in the firm: what the truly great firms do to stay at the top
- Women in leadership – strategies for success
You will learn from outstanding faculty and associates of Cambridge Judge Business School and gain insights from an international peer group:
- Understand the practical significance of the elements in the integrated leadership model - setting direction, commitment and execution
- Understand the strategic implementation process
- Understand more about your own role as a leader and role model in the context of the unique challenges faced by female leaders
- Develop an understanding of effective leadership and management of teams from a male and female perspective
- Develop a greater understanding of the need for talent management, coaching and mentoring
- Increase confidence in your leadership ability and management skills
- Practical case studies to identify principles and reinforce the learning
- Gain practical concepts and frameworks
- Translate frameworks into day-to-day business responsibilities
- Build a network of high profile women from across Europe and elsewhere in the world
- Examine the “unconcious bias” and gender stereotypes
- Understand insights on resilience and dealing with pressure and change
Who should attend
This programme would be valuable for all female law firm partners including those in leadership and management positions such as managing partners, members of partnership boards and other firm-wide management committees, practice area heads, industry sector heads, and those in line to take up such positions and responsibilities.
MA (University of Oxford)
Faculty & speakers
Fellow in Management Practice
MA (University of Cambridge)
Professor of Organisational Ethnography
DPhil (University of Oxford)
Clinical Psychologist & Consultant, The Mitchell Practice
MA, PhD, Dip Psych
Dates & fees
|| Fees *
|8-10 October 2017
|| 3 days
|| £2,500 + VAT
VAT is charged at the prevailing rate, which is currently 20%; e.g. £2,500 + 20% = £3,000.
* Fees include instruction, materials, lunch and breaks, together with a gala dinner at an historic Cambridge college. Preferential rates may be available for University of Cambridge alumni and members of the School's Alumni Association. Please note prices pre-registration are subject to change.
Two nights' bed and breakfast accommodation (Sunday and Monday night) is provided as part of the programme fee.
Registration closes at midday two working days before the programme start date.
Participants are expected to attend the full programme.
Three female partners from different law firms discuss their experience on the inaugural Women in Law Leadership Programme. Watch their video testimonials
You can register for this programme via our online system. Please note the registration form will open in a new tab/window.
When you register for this programme, please let us know if your organisation is paying for your placement or if you are applying as an individual.