Best Practice in Managing People
This programme provides solutions to the challenges faced by line managers in managing and motivating people to achieve an organisation's objectives and results.
Drawing on current research and practical exercises, participants will be provided with concepts and frameworks that can be directly applied in the work place. The first day focuses on how organisations cope with change, the implications for the workforce and the role of the manager to sustain and increase commitment and performance during times of change and uncertainty. The second day provides practical tool-kits in the functional areas of line management. We conclude with each participant preparing a personal learning action plan for post-course development.
The two days are highly interactive and reflective, and we use industry examples, case studies and role play as well as insights from latest research to create a lively and productive learning environment.
"This was a great balance of theory and examples in practice. Excellent tutors that encouraged group participation. I would recommend the course to anyone in people management."
- The value of effective people management
- Key frameworks and models
- Selecting and recruiting valued talent
- Employee induction and integration
- Sustainable motivation and engagement
- Performance management and rewards
- Leadership development and communication
- Coaching and mentoring
- Procedural justice and conflict resolution
- Social capital and relationships with other functional groups
Email a Colleague
You'll learn from outstanding faculty and associates of Cambridge Judge Business School and gain a truly international experience from your global peer group.
In this fast-paced and practical two day programme you will:
- Acquire and develop new people management capabilities and confidence
- Gain practical concepts and frameworks
- Translate frameworks into day-day business responsibilities
- Understand more about your own role as a leader
- Develop personal action plans to use your new skills and achieve desired behaviours within your team
Participants earn a certificate on completing the programme. This programme counts as one course for those completing the Cambridge Executive Education General Management Certificate of Achievement.
Who Should Attend
General managers in both the public and private sector with significant people management responsibilities, who have either recently taken on these responsibilities or wish to refresh their knowledge and skills.
Faculty & Speakers
University Senior Lecturer in Corporate Governance
BA (Univ. of Kent), MPhil, PhD (Univ. of London)
Dates & Fees
|26-27 September 2013||2 days||£1995|
* Fees (which are exclusive of VAT) include instruction, materials, lunch and breaks. Please note prices pre-registration are subject to change.
For information regarding our payment terms, cancellation, transfer and substitution policies and fees, please see our Terms & Conditions (pdf, 59KB) (updated 14 March 2013).
Participants are expected to attend the full programme.
You can register for this programme via our online system: