People & Organisational Effectiveness
This programme provides participants with the latest academic and practical thinking on strategies and systems for people and organisational effectiveness.
The first day focuses on developments in organisations and the emergence of new architectures designed to capture value in increasingly complex and dynamic operating environments. Key to value creation and competitiveness is the alignment of people and organisational priorities to strategic priorities, including core organisational capabilities, organisational design, human capital planning and talent management strategies.
The second day focuses on critical aspects of building sustainable capability through purposeful investments in people, systems, networks and leadership resources. The programme concludes by exploring opportunities for business transformation and organisational leadership, including personal strategies for positive influence as a change agent.
The programme is devoted to ensuring effective knowledge transfer from our faculty to delegates through the use of structured in-class discussion of rigorous intellectual content, relevant case studies and industry examples, group participation and peer to peer learning.
- People and organisation opportunities and challenges within complex and dynamic operating environments
- Innovations in organisation and core capabilities
- Investments in critical resources: human, social and organisational capital
- Human capital planning and talent management: people, culture and change
- Fit for purpose people strategies, systems and processes
- Personal strategies and action planning for effective organisational leadership
Email a Colleague
You'll learn from outstanding faculty and associates of Cambridge Judge Business School and gain a truly international experience from your global peer group.
During this fast-paced, intensive two days you will:
- Acquire frameworks for understanding and promoting alignment between strategic and organisational priorities
- Identify and develop new organisational capabilities for long term success
- Gain rigorous and relevant practical concepts and frameworks
- Translate frameworks into day-to-day business responsibilities
- Understand more about your own role as a business leader
- Develop personal action plans to use your new skills and achieve desirable behaviours within your team and organisation
Participants earn a certificate on completing the programme. This programme counts as one course for those completing the Cambridge Executive Education General Management Certificate of Achievement.
Who Should Attend
The programme is aimed at organisational leaders, general management and HR professionals, operating at group, divisional and business unit levels, seeking to acquire the latest thinking for the development of fit for purpose people and organisational strategies, systems and processes.
Faculty & Speakers
University Senior Lecturer in Corporate Governance
BA (Univ. of Kent), MPhil, PhD (Univ. of London)
Lecturer in Human Resources & Organisations
BA, MA (Univ. of Warwick), PhD (Univ. of Cambridge)
Dates & Fees
|23-24 May 2013||2 days||£1995|
* Fees (which are exclusive of VAT) include instruction, materials, lunch and breaks. Please note prices pre-registration are subject to change.
For information regarding our payment terms, cancellation, transfer and substitution policies and fees, please see our Terms & Conditions (pdf, 59KB) (updated 14 March 2013).
Participants are expected to attend the full programme.
You can register for this programme via our online system: