Strategic Management: Creating and Sustaining Competitive Advantage
"Excellent - refreshed my knowledge on strategy theories and their practical implications."
This programme provides managers with the basics of strategic thinking and strategic analysis. It is intended to enhance strategic capabilities by demonstrating the tools and techniques that are commonly employed in strategic analysis and to provide a framework for how to maintain a competitive advantage.
The programme emphasises how organisations can use strategy to enhance impact, value and performance. A general outline of the strategy process will be examined and the forces of strategic analysis will be explained. The programme provides an understanding of the economic motivation that underlies successful strategic decisions and how to perceive products, processes, firms and industries in a strategic manner.
By working through real life case studies you will apply analytical tools and frameworks in a wide variety of situations. You will be tackling issues such as competitive analysis, development of new capabilities, value chain analysis and technology convergence.
- How to monitor the attractiveness of your industry and tailor strategy accordingly
- How to develop and sustain a competitive advantage
- The strategic role of complementary assets
- Why is it important to align your structure to your strategy at all times?
- How to come up with creative business models
- Plotting strategy in the face of network effects
- Corporate strategy
Email a Colleague
You'll learn from outstanding faculty and associates of Cambridge Judge Business School and gain a truly international experience from your global peer group.
On completion of this practical and fast-paced two day programme you will:
- Be equipped with the tools and techniques of strategic analysis
- Have the strategic capabilities to improve your decision-making process
- Understand the strategic implementation process
- Identify the strategic forces that impact your business or industry
"I came away with an understanding of how to implement strategy and a set of useful tools."
Participants earn a certificate on completing the programme. This programme counts as one course for those completing the Cambridge Executive Education General Management Certificate of Achievement.
Who Should Attend
Business managers who wish to acquire a more comprehensive and deep understanding of strategy. The programme is designed for both general and functional managers.
Faculty & Speakers
Reader in Strategy & Policy
PhD (McGill Univ.)
Stelios C. Zyglidopoulos
University Lecturer in Strategy
MSc (Univ. of Piraeus), MBA, PhD (McGill Univ.)
Dates & Fees
|24-25 October 2013||2 days||£1995|
* Fees (which are exclusive of VAT) include instruction, materials, lunch and breaks. Please note prices pre-registration are subject to change.
For information regarding our payment terms, cancellation, transfer and substitution policies and fees, please see our Terms & Conditions (pdf, 59KB) (updated 14 March 2013).
Participants are expected to attend the full programme.
You can register for this programme via our online system: