Strategic Performance Management
Strategy often fails. It does so because while the strategies pursued by many organisations make sense at an abstract level, they usually mean little to those who have to deliver them. In this thought-provoking and highly practical seminar, participants will find out how to use performance measurement to clarify, communicate and execute strategy.
Drawing on over 20 years of research and consulting experience in a wide variety of organisations and sectors, Academic Programme Director Professor Andy Neely will explain how to design and deploy performance measures that are meaningful, actionable and directly related to organisational strategy. In doing so, he will outline a host of practical tools and techniques that you can apply in your business.
- How to execute strategy through performance measurement
- How to design and deploy meaningful and actionable performance measures
- How to ensure performance measures drive the right actions and behaviour
- How to ensure you get the most from your organisation's investment in performance measurement
Email a Colleague
- Explain the changing nature of the measurement crisis - focusing specifically on the tendency in many organisations to measure too much
- Understand the main strategic performance frameworks organisations use today, including the balanced scorecard and the performance prism
- Understand why process - the methodology for selecting what and how to measure - is more important than the framework the organisation chooses to use
- Apply specific tools and techniques associated with the design, deployment and application of strategic performance measures
- Identify appropriate performance visualisations that can be used to help convert data into insight
- Understand the multiple roles of measurement and how well-designed strategic performance management systems drive strategic success and organisational learning
Participants earn a certificate on completing the programme. This programme counts as one course for those completing the Cambridge Executive Education General Management Certificate of Achievement.
Who Should Attend
For those responsible for designing, deploying and maintaining strategic performance management systems this programme will deliver real benefit if you are currently engaged in designing and deploying a new strategic performance management system, responsible for enhancing an existing system or simply worrying about how to make a better connection between strategy and performance.
Faculty & Speakers
Academic Programme Director
Fellow in Business Performance Measurement & Management
MA (Univ. of Cambridge), PhD (Univ. of Nottingham)
Dates & Fees
|27-28 June 2013||2 days||£1995|
|17-18 October 2013||2 days||£1995|
* Fees (which are exclusive of VAT) include instruction, materials, lunch and breaks. Please note prices pre-registration are subject to change.
For information regarding our payment terms, cancellation, transfer and substitution policies and fees, please see our Terms & Conditions (pdf, 59KB) (updated 14 March 2013).
Participants are expected to attend the full programme.
You can register for this programme via our online system: