Chi Kong is director of the Energy Policy Forum, part of the Energy Policy Research Group (ERPG).
During his PhD research, Chi Kong was a teaching assistant for several courses at Cambridge Judge Business School. He also has experience in consulting companies and governments on investment management and economic policy related to energy and high-tech sectors.
Chi Kong has previously been a Research Associate in Energy Economics & Policy at the School. Prior to this he was a PhD candidate, with research focusing on modelling natural gas markets and analyses of Russia's strategic gas export policy.
Awards and scholarships
- DG Research and Innovation of the European Commission PhD Scholarship (under "NEARCO2" research grant), 2010-2011
- Energy Policy Research Group PhD Scholarship (under ESRC TSEC research programme), 2008-2010
- Cambridge Centre for Energy Studies PhD Scholarship, 2007-2008
- 30th USAEE/IAEE North American Conference Dennis J. O'Brien Best Paper Awards, 2011
- 34th IAEE International Conference Student Paper Award, 2011
- Ukrainian Ministry of Education and Science Student Research Award, 2005
- Ukrainian National Academy of Sciences Student Research Award, 2004
- Ukrainian Ministry of Economy Student Research Award, 2003
Equilibrium modelling of energy markets; economics of Eurasian natural gas trade relations; investment under uncertainties; project finance and valuation of infrastructure investment; economics and finance of clean energy technologies.
Dr Chyong is a member of the Economics & Policy subject group.