MPhil in Finance
The MPhil in Finance is a nine-month programme combining advanced study and research. It is designed for students who wish to extend their knowledge of finance, financial accounting or financial engineering. The programme provides research-led teaching and is particularly suitable for those intending to continue to a PhD. The degree also provides a strong academic background for those aiming for a career in finance.
The Cambridge MPhil in Finance, now in its 24th year, offers the rare opportunity to be associated with up to three world-class faculties at a university that has more Nobel Prize winners than any other institution worldwide. It is jointly taught by staff of:
- Cambridge Judge Business School - one of the top business schools in Europe
- the Faculty of Economics - the cradle of modern economics; with many Nobel Prize winners
- the Faculty of Mathematics - whose ancestry goes back to Isaac Newton, and whose faculty have won numerous Fields Medals and Nobel Prizes
The MPhil in Finance is a pre-experience course designed for those with no more than one year of work experience after their first degree. For finance professionals, with a minimum of two years' work experience who wish to develop their career in finance, we offer the post-experience Master of Finance degree.
- Our application process is divided into three steps:
- Check you meet our requirements
- Complete your application
- Submit your application