Completing and Submitting Your Application
Please follow the instructions listed below when completing your application for the PhD Programme:
- Complete the online application form (GRADSAF), available via the University website.
The supervisor name on page 3 of the form is provisional. If you are unsure about a suitable supervisor, instead include the name of the Subject Group (and the stream in the case of the Organisation & Strategy pathway).
When completing question A(15) of the form, please provide details of your career goals and future aspirations, and how a PhD from Cambridge Judge Business School will help you to achieve them.
Please include details of any publications or conference papers, as well as details of any academic work experience e.g. lecturing, supervision, research work.
If there are insufficient word limits to include the above information, please upload this information as an 'Other' document.
- Take advice from the Gates and Cambridge Trusts websites before completing the respective section of the GRADSAF form (B5/B6). The student statement is very important in the decision-making process.
- Prepare a research proposal of 2,000 words, outlining your proposed research topic. Please follow the instructions given by your prospective supervisor or Pathway Representative on what to include in your research proposal. Suggestions might include:
- the research question(s) and their significance
- the research method(s) (how will the question be approached)
- essential literature on the specific question
- innovation in approach through the nature of model, and/or nature of the data and analysis
- feasibility as a PhD topic including a rough time plan
- Print off and complete the Supplementary Information Form (doc, 172KB).
- Provide your transcripts and degree certificates.
- Provide your GRE or GMAT score.
- Provide your English Language Score document.
- Provide the names and email addresses of two academic referees.
- Please check your CAMSIS self-service pages and take responsibility for reminding your referees to upload by the deadline. They will not receive reminders from the CAMSIS system.
- Provide the name and email address of a personal referee if you will be applying for funding from the Cambridge Trusts.
- Note that the CAMSIS system will tell you that you have two weeks after submitting the GRADSAF form in which to upload other supporting documents. On the final deadline (2 January 2014) this no longer applies for School's PhD programme: we require all supporting documents by 2 January.
Please note that without all of the above documents we cannot guarantee that your application will be processed.