Admission via a Research MPhil Programme
The usual route to obtaining admission to the PhD is via either one of our research MPhil Programmes, or the MPhil in Economic Research offered by the University of Cambridge's Faculty of Economics.
To continue to the PhD programme, you must:
- Hold a 1st Class / GPA 3.7 undergraduate degree (or one with a grade considered equivalent by the University)
- Achieve 70% or equivalent in any previous Masters degree
- Complete a Cambridge Judge Business School research MPhil programme, achieving at least 70% overall and at least 70% on the dissertation component
- Find a committed supervisor from the School's faculty
After applying you'll be interviewed by a panel of faculty members, and will need to be ranked sufficiently highly by the panel to receive a conditional offer.
For full details of our research MPhil programmes, including how to apply and the range of scholarships available, please visit the following MPhil programme webpages:
- MPhil in Finance
- MPhil in Innovation, Strategy & Organisation
- MPhil in Management Science & Operations
Students may apply to continue from Cambridge MPhils in cognate disciplines which have assessed research methodology training, have a research dissertation component and are ESRC-recognised. They will need to meet the same minimum requirements as those students applying for direct admission.