University Lecturer in Strategy
Fellow of Magdalene College
European Masters in Management (EAP Oxford-Madrid-Paris), DEA (Univ. Paris X Nanterre), MA (Univ. of Cambridge), PhD (Doctorat HEC, France)
Dr Hadida is a member of the Academy of Management, the Strategic Management Society and the International Association for Arts and Cultural Management (AIMAC). She is on the Editorial Board of the Journal of Strategic Management Education and acts as ad hoc reviewer for a number of academic publications. She has been a member of CEHIC (Centro Esade-HEC de Indústrias Culturales) since 2008, and became a member of the Scientific Committee and Chair of the 'Strategy' Track for AIMAC in 2011.
Dr Hadida held visiting positions at CRG-Ecole Polytechnique, Paris (2006), MIT Sloan School of Management (2007) and Tel Aviv University Recanati School of Business (2012). She has been a Visiting Professor in Strategy and Cultural, Arts and Creative Management at HEC Paris since 2003.
Dr Hadida is a Certified Lego® Serious Play™ Facilitator. A founding faculty member of the multidisciplinary MPhil in Screen Media and Cultures (University of Cambridge), Dr Hadida also pioneered teaching and research in Cultural, Arts and Media Management at University of Cambridge Judge Business School and on the Cambridge MBA. Her innovative work as a lecturer and researcher has been cited and quoted in several international forums, including Business Week, The Independent, The Financial Times, The Wall Street Journal, and BBC Online.
Dr Hadida taught business and corporate strategy in HEC (France) prior to joining Cambridge Judge Business School. In the course of her doctorate, she also spent eight months as a visiting scholar at UCLA in Los Angeles, California (USA).
Awards and scholarships
- Cambridge Judge Business School Teaching Award, 2013
- Best Paper Prize for "You can charm the critics and have nothing to eat..." (with R. Legoux and F. Carrillat), AIMAC Conference, Antwerp, 2011
- Cambridge Judge Business School Teaching Award, 2011
- MBA Professor of the Year Award, as voted for by the Cambridge MBA class of 2009/10
- MBA Course of the Year Award (for Strategy), as voted for by the Cambridge MBA class of 2009/10
- PhD supervisor to Dr Matthias Seifert, winner of the Emerald/EFMD Outstanding Doctoral Research Award in the Management & Governance category, 2009
- Best Paper Proceedings, Academy of Management, 2009
- Runner-up for the "MBA Professor of the Year" Award, as voted for by the Cambridge MBA Class of 2007/8
- Nominated by Cambridge Judge Business School for a National Teaching Fellowship Award, 2006
- Runner-up for the "MBA Professor of the Year" Award, as voted for by the Cambridge MBA Class of 2004/5
- Special Jury Prize and Honorary Distinction, FNEGE Best Transdisciplinary Doctoral Dissertation Award, 2004
- Second Prize, AIMS-FNEGE Best Doctoral Dissertation in Strategy Award, 2004
- Finalist, Fondation HEC Best PhD Thesis Award, 2003
Strategy, decision-making and performance in creative, arts and media organisations; creativity in business.
Allègre Hadida is a member of the Strategy & International Business subject group.
Hadida, A. (2009) "Motion picture performance: a review and research agenda." International Journal of Management Reviews, 11(3): 297-335
Watch "Six Things We Know About Motion Picture Performance"
Hadida, A.L. (2010) "Commercial success and artistic recognition of motion picture projects." Journal of Cultural Economics, 34(1): 45-80 (DOI: 10.1007/s10824-009-9109-z)
Seifert, M. and Hadida, A.L. (2013) "On the relative importance of linear model and human judge(s) in combined forecasting." Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 120(1): 24-36
Seifert, M. and Hadida, A.L. (2013) "3 humans + 1 computer = best prediction." Harvard Business Review, 91(5): 28
Hadida, A.L. and Paris, T. (2013) "Managerial cognition and the value chain in the digital music industry." Technological Forecasting and Social Change (forthcoming)
Hadida, A.L. (2013) "Performance in the creative industries." In: Jones, C., Lorenzen, M. and Sapsted, J. (eds.) Oxford handbook of the creative industries. Oxford: Oxford University Press. (forthcoming)
Watch "Creative & Cultural Industries Performance"
Cambridge Judge Business School
University of Cambridge
Cambridge CB2 1AG
WorkTel: +44 (0)1223 339612
FaxFax: +44 (0)1223 339701