Join the programme to get insights into the business models and pioneering trends in the fintech ecosystem. You will contribute to the development of the database needed by various stakeholders to make informed decisions.
Three to six months.
Remote (onsite internship in Cambridge may be considered)
The Cambridge Fintech Ecosystem Atlas is a digital tool that informs and enables evidence-based decision-making by fintech market participants, investors, consumers, institutions, regulators, and policymakers.
By identifying, classifying, and visualising fintech entity data both spatially and temporally, the Cambridge Fintech Ecosystem Atlas provides information and insights about:
- fintech market segmentation
- fintech firm operating status
- the evolution of their activities over time
- ownership type
- incorporation and operational headquarter locations
- business focuses.
The Cambridge Fintech Ecosystem Atlas Internship Programme is remote and open to applicants from any geographical location.
- Contribute to the data collection process.
- Identify adequate secondary data sources.
- Perform diligent and high-quality data entries.
- Review, fix and update data quality issues within the database.
- Source relevant news articles and research papers to enrich the database.
- Act as a region-specific point of contact with potential contributors.
- Continually update knowledge and understanding of the fintech industry.
As an intern you:
- may receive financial reimbursement for expenses (relative to candidate’s personal circumstances) up to £800/month in case of full-time commitment and £400/month for part-time
- will work with a world-leading research institute and have access to the knowledge share sessions with peers and alternative finance experts within the Centre
- might be invited to join as co-authors of research papers intended for peer-reviewed publications or of the research reports published by the Centre.
You should have the following qualities, skills, and attributes. You are asked to provide a CV and covering letter demonstrating how your own experience meets these requirements.
- Bachelors, masters or PhD degree (final year students will be considered).
- Background in economics, finance, law, computer science and/or social sciences.
- Hands-on experience working with Excel or Google Sheets.
- Demonstrated ability to design and conduct desk research.
- Driven and committed, demonstrating initiative, self-motivation and eagerness to familiarise with new concepts.
- Excellent time management and planning skills with a commitment to delivery.
- Able to work independently and as part of an interdisciplinary and collaborative project.
- Breadth/depth of specialist knowledge of the fintech ecosystem.
- Experience in conducting desk research, content analysis, data curation, program management, user experience, and partner management.
There are two cohorts for the internship each year:
1 December to 30 May
Interviews & decisions:
1 June to 30 November
Interviews & decisions:
Ready to apply?
If you meet the criteria for this internship we’d love to hear from you.
It is easy to apply you only need to compete two simple steps: