Job Market Candidate
BA (Chulalongkorn University), MPhil (University of Cambridge)
Corporate Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) Issues
Dr Piyasinchai is an ESRC Postdoctoral Fellow in the Strategy & International Business subject group at Cambridge Judge Business School and currently on the job market. She holds a doctoral degree in Strategy and an MPhil degree in Finance from the University of Cambridge, and a BA in Economics from Chulalongkorn University.
Prior to her PhD, she had industry experience at the Bank of Thailand as well as at the management consulting firm Korn Ferry Hay Group.
Sustainability; socially responsible business; social entrepreneurship; non-market strategy.
Nareuporn seeks to understand how businesses can take the lead in solving the world’s problems at scale and contribute toward a sustainable economy. To this end, she examines sustainability as a systemic and multilevel analysis of the interactions between organisations and stakeholders. Specifically, her work focuses on two main themes, employing two main methods. First, factors that explain the difference of firms’ adoption and implementation of sustainability practices, and stakeholders’ evaluations of such difference in organisations’ pursuit of sustainability (quantitative analyses). Second, psychological mechanisms that explain different behavioural reactions of individual stakeholders toward varying corporate adoption and communication of sustainability practices (field and online experiments). She seeks to contribute new theoretical insights into sustainability research, while advance the scholarship at the nexus of strategic management and organisation theory.
Nareuporn Piyasinchai is a member of the Strategy & International Business subject group.
Awards & honours
- Carolyn B. Dexter Award All-Academy Best International Paper, Finalist, Academy of Management (2021)
- Best Student Paper Award, Winner, Academy of Management, ONE Division (2021)
- Best Paper Proceedings, Academy of Management (2021)
- CJBS Director’s Research Excellence Prize (2021)
- Best PhD Paper Prize, Finalist, Strategic Management Society Annual Conference (2021)
- Experimental Research Awards, Cambridge Experimental & Behavioural Economics Group (2020, 2021)
- PhD Teaching Award (2018-2022)
- PhD Scholarship, Cambridge Judge Business School (2017-2021)
- Honorary Cambridge Thai Foundation Scholarship (2016-2021)
- President’s Letter for Outstanding Achievement, Queens’ College, Cambridge (2020)
- Best Paper Award, Winner, 13th Annual Ivey/ARCS PhD Sustainability Academy (2020)
- EBA Fellowship (full undergraduate scholarship) (2011-2014)
- Silver medal, the National Economics Competition (2014)