University Lecturer in Finance
BA (IBMEC Business School), MSc (Fundação Getulio Vargas (EPGE)), PhD (London Business School)
Security lending markets; short selling; liquidity risk; and how differences of beliefs affect trading volume.
Subject group: Finance & Accounting
Dr Saffi's previous teaching experience includes courses for MBA, EMBA, MPhil and Executive Education students at Cambridge Judge Business School, IESE, London Business School, Reykjavik University (Iceland), Fundação Getulio Vargas (Brazil) and Nile University (Egypt). His consulting experience is centred on valuation, including work as an expert to international arbitration courts, and the analysis of pharmaceutical firms' value. He has presented his work in the most prestigious academic conferences and contributed with articles to popular press. Dr Saffi is a member of the Cambridge Corporate Governance Network (CCGN).
From 2007 Dr Saffi was Assistant Professor of Finance at IESE Business School in Barcelona, Spain.
Awards & honours
- Crowell Third Prize for the paper "Deleveraging risk" (with Scott Richardson and Kari Sigurdsson), Quantitative Research Group at PanAgora Asset Management, 2015
- Best Paper Award for the paper "Deleveraging risk" (with Scott Richardson and Kari Sigurdsson), Financial Management Association International (FMA) Consortium for European Finance Faculty, 2014
- Inquire Europe Award, 2013
- Outstanding Teaching Award, Cambridge Judge Business School, 2012
- Research Award, Q Group, 2012
Saffi, P.A.C. and Sigurdsson, K. (2011) "Price efficiency and short selling." Review of Financial Studies, 24(3): 821-852 (DOI: 10.1093/rfs/hhq124)
Aggarwal, R., Saffi, P.A.C. and Sturgess, J. (2015) "The role of institutional investors in voting: evidence from the securities lending market." Journal of Finance, 70(5): 2309-2346 (DOI: 10.1111/jofi.12284)
Prado, M.P., Saffi, P.A.C. and Sturgess, J. (2016) "Ownership structure, limits to arbitrage and stock returns: evidence from equity lending markets." Review of Financial Studies (forthcoming)
Visit Dr Pedro Saffi's website for a more comprehensive list of his publications