When you have decided you want to apply to the Cambridge MBA, you need to make yourself aware of the process and plan your time:
- GMAT: You have to take the GMAT to apply to Cambridge. Plan ahead, do preparation, and book your test date in advance, with our application deadline dates in mind.
- Your referees: You'll need one reference from a supervisor. Decide who you would like them to be and ask them now. Applications are often held up because of references failing to be submitted. An automated reference request will be sent to your referee once you have entered their contact details into our online application system.
- Finances: You need to think carefully now about how you plan to fund your MBA - do not wait until later. See our funding pages for more information.
Completing your application
Filling in the application form
You can save your work on the online application form so it doesn't need to be completed in one sitting. You need to allow yourself enough time to draw together historical data about your employment, and also to think carefully and plan your essay question answers.
The following are the main essay questions on the Cambridge MBA application:
- Please provide a personal statement. It should not exceed 500 words and must address the following questions:
- What are your short and long term career objectives and what skills/characteristics do you already have that will help you achieve them?
- What actions will you take before and during the MBA to contribute to your career outcome?
- If you are unsure of your post-MBA career path, how will the MBA equip you for the future?
- What did you learn from your most spectacular failure? (200 words)
- Describe a situation where you had to work jointly with others to achieve a common goal. What did you learn from the experience? (up to 200 words)
Submitting your application
While we have no quotas for each round, it is beneficial to you to apply as early as you can in our admissions cycle. This is because many financial aid awards are made early in the year (for example Gates scholarship) and you need to have your MBA offer in place before you apply for scholarships. Also, once offered a place, you will be required to give us preferences for the Cambridge College you wish to join. Colleges do have quotas for accepting MBA candidates.
View the admissions deadlines
Sending your application form
- All applications must be submitted via our online application system.
- Candidates should submit their application by 17:00 GMT on the day of their chosen deadline.
- An online payment of £150 will be charged for the submission of your completed application.
We require one reference from a line manager or supervisor. An automated reference request will be sent to your referee once you have input their contact details into our online application system.
For entry in September 2017
- Round 1 deadline: 9 September 2016
- Round 2 deadline: 21 October 2016
- Round 3 deadline: 6 January 2017
- Round 4 deadline: 10 March 2017
- Round 5 deadline: 5 May 2017
Scholarships & bursaries
We offer numerous bursaries for MBA candidates with particular sector experience, nationality, or high academic achievement.