The Information & Library Service (I&LS) team at Cambridge Judge Business School is dedicated to providing you with the expertise and support you need, where and when you need it. We seek to offer targeted classroom teaching at useful points of the year, but we’re also happy to meet with individuals or small groups to help with your research. Here's an idea of the types of help and support we can offer you:
Everyday we help students find the information they need. Sometimes these are quick questions like:
- Where can I find live share prices?
- Can I access Harvard Business Review online?
- I still need these books, how do I renew them?
We can answer these questions quickly and easily by instant chat on our website, in person, over the phone, or by email.
We can also help with more complex enquiries relating to your projects and assignments. Email the I&LS team with an outline of your question, and any resources you've already looked at. We'd be happy to meet with you at a convenient time and offer help on taking the next step with your query.
We can show you how to:
- use market research and industry data to answer your questions about sectors, market sizes, demographic groups and product ranges;
- source current and historical company data, so you can assess the strengths and weaknesses of the big and small players in any industry;
- uncover research data and leads on seemingly obscure or difficult topics.
Between us we have over 30 years of business information knowledge, so if you want to know what the over 40s are buying in Belgium, or which Australian copper mines are on the main power grid, we're the people to ask!
Custom teaching sessions
Perhaps you've missed one of our teaching sessions, or you and your classmates are interested in an aspect of social media, presentation skills, or getting to grips with a particular database? We're happy to get together and offer a 1-2-1, or a small class.
Last academic year we offered custom teaching sessions on:
- Presentations with Prezi
- Better graphs for your PPT
- Getting started with Infographics
- Setting up your twitter account
- Improving your LinkedIn profile
- Creating and analysing surveys with Qualtrics
- Using Zotero to make referencing easier
Interview coming up? Great! We can show you how to utilize our databases to ensure that you arrive at interview armed with all the facts and figures you need to impress at interview. Companies are always impressed when candidates talk knowledgeably about their organisation, and our premium databases will ensure you can speak with confidence about their products, competitors and developments in their industry sector. It's never too late to ask for pre-interview help - we can get you a company report and the latest news in about ten minutes - but give us a little longer and we can put you in touch with everything from broker reports to detailed, market research on their product ranges.