University Lecturer in Strategy
Director of the MPhil in Management Programme
Fellow of Magdalene College
European Masters in Management (ESCP Europe - formerly EAP), DEA (Université Paris X Nanterre), MA (University of Cambridge), PhD (HEC, France)
Dr Hadida is on the Editorial Board of the Journal of Strategic Management Education and acts as ad hoc reviewer for a number of academic publications and conferences. She has been a member of CEHIC (Centro Esade-HEC de Industrias Culturales, Barcelona, Spain) since 2008, and became a member of the Scientific Committee and Chair of the Strategy Track for AIMAC (International Association for Arts and Cultural Management) in 2011.
Dr Hadida has held visiting positions at CRG-Ecole Polytechnique, Paris (2006), MIT Sloan School of Management (2007) and Tel Aviv University Recanati School of Business (2012). She has been a Visiting Professor in Strategy and Cultural, Arts and Creative Management at HEC (France) since 2003.
Dr Hadida is a Certified Lego® Serious Play™ Facilitator. A founding faculty member of the multidisciplinary MPhil in Screen Media and Cultures (University of Cambridge), Dr Hadida also pioneered teaching and research in Cultural, Arts and Media Management and Creativity at Cambridge Judge Business School. Her innovative work as a lecturer and researcher is regularly cited in international forums, including Business Week, The Independent, The Financial Times, The Wall Street Journal, and BBC Online.
Dr Hadida taught business and corporate strategy in HEC (France) prior to joining Cambridge Judge Business School. In the course of her doctorate, she also spent eight months as a visiting scholar at UCLA in Los Angeles, California (USA).
Awards and scholarships
- Cambridge Judge Business School Teaching Award, 2011 and 2013
- MBA Professor of the Year Award as voted for by the Cambridge MBA class, 2010 and 2013
- Best Paper Prize for "You can charm the critics and have nothing to eat..." (with R. Legoux and F. Carrillat), AIMAC Conference, Antwerp, 2011
- Best Paper Proceedings, Academy of Management, 2009
- PhD supervisor to Dr Matthias Seifert, winner of the Emerald/EFMD Outstanding Doctoral Research Award in the Management & Governance category and of the St Edmund’s College Toby Jackman Prize for the most outstanding PhD thesis, 2009
- MBA Teaching Award, as voted for by the Cambridge MBA Class, 2005 and 2008
- Nominated by Cambridge Judge Business School for a National Teaching Fellowship Award, 2006
- Special Jury Prize and Honorary Distinction, FNEGE Best Transdisciplinary Doctoral Dissertation Award, 2004
- Second Prize, AIMS-FNEGE Best Doctoral Dissertation in Strategy Award, 2004
- Finalist, Fondation HEC Best PhD Thesis Award, 2003
Hadida, A.L. (2009) "Motion picture performance: a review and research agenda." International Journal of Management Reviews, 11(3): 297-335
Watch "Six Things We Know About Motion Picture Performance"
Hadida, A.L. (2010) "Commercial success and artistic recognition of motion picture projects." Journal of Cultural Economics, 34(1): 45-80 (DOI: 10.1007/s10824-009-9109-z)
Seifert, M. and Hadida, A.L. (2013) "On the relative importance of linear model and human judge(s) in combined forecasting." Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 120(1): 24-36
Seifert, M. and Hadida, A.L. (2013) "3 humans + 1 computer = best prediction." Harvard Business Review, 91(5): 28
Hadida, A.L. and Paris, T. (2013) "Managerial cognition and the value chain in the digital music industry." Technological Forecasting and Social Change (forthcoming)
Hadida, A.L. (2013) "Performance in the creative industries." In: Jones, C., Lorenzen, M. and Sapsted, J. (eds.) Oxford handbook of the creative industries. Oxford: Oxford University Press. (forthcoming)
Watch "Creative & Cultural Industries Performance"
Cambridge Judge Business School
University of Cambridge
Cambridge CB2 1AG
Tel: +44 (0)1223 339612
Fax: +44 (0)1223 339701