In partnership with Financial Management Association International (FMA), the 2023 Consortium on Asset Management took place on 13 March 2023 in Cambridge, UK. The event and the prize were sponsored by the Centre for Endowment Asset Management.
The consortium was focused, with six high-quality papers, discussants, and a limited number of other researchers. Distinguished members of the finance profession, and practitioners, provided feedback to presenters and discussed issues in asset management as well as aspects of academic publishing and career development.
The keynote presentation was delivered by was delivered by Professor Mariassunta Giannetti, Professor of Finance, Stockholm School of Economics.
The Consortium co-chairs were as follows:
- David Chambers, Invesco Professor of Finance, Cambridge Judge Business School, University of Cambridge
- Mark Hutchinson, Professor and Chair of Finance, University College Cork
- Oğuzhan Karakaş, Associate Professor in Finance, Cambridge Judge Business School, University of Cambridge
- Mark Mulcahy, Professor in Corporate Finance, University College Cork
- Pedro Saffi, Professor of Financial Economics, Cambridge Judge Business School, University of Cambridge
Date: 13 March 2023
Location: Jesus College, University of Cambridge
At the end of the Consortium, the attendees ranked the papers and with the evaluation of the chairs, the Best Paper was selected from the six papers presented.
There were two winners of the Best Paper Prize:
- “Green or Brown: Which Overpriced Stock to Short Sell?” presented by Xintong (Eunice) Zhan, co-authored with Weiming (Elaine) Zhang.
- “Back to the Roots: Ancestral Origin and Mutual Fund Manager Portfolio Choice” presented by Simon Straumann, co-authored with Manuel Ammann, Alexander Cochardt, Florian Weigert.