Marketing for Non-Marketing Managers
Understand how to use winning marketing strategies to build brand value and digital strategies for lasting competitive advantage.
4-6 & 9-11 Sep 2024
6 x 0.5 days
£2,730 + VAT
4-6 & 9-11 Sep 2024
6 x 0.5 days
£2,730 + VAT
Marketing is critical to any organisation and it’s important that all aspiring leaders should have a good understanding of how marketing strategy is developed and operationalised.
Marketing is not just advertising; it’s a sophisticated discipline that in many ways drives organisational philosophy. Marketing strategy places the customer at the centre of an organisation’s strategy and drives its decision and processes.
- Mastering Marketing Strategy starts with the analysis of the market, including customers, competitors and the ecosystem.
- The programme goes on to cover segmentation, targeting and positioning, followed by key strategies in areas such as branding, product development, pricing and distribution.
- Finally, we look at developing customer journeys, digital marketing frameworks, search engine optimisation, search engine marketing and the different types of social and search content that can be used to drive audience, customer and profitable growth.
Benefits and career impact
Aspiring business leaders need a clear understanding of marketing strategy – great brands take time to build and continued effort to protect and develop.
Over the 3 days of this fast-paced and practical programme, you will:
- understand the fundamental elements of the strategic marketing plan
- be able to interpret segmentation and targeting profiles and associated data
- explain the relationships between customer value and price in relation to positioning
- define the 3 Branding Ps
- explain the differences between cost, value and competition-based pricing
- describe the 4 design principles of a product
- understand the main types of customer journeys
- identify a digital marketing framework relevant to your organisation
- understand the difference between SEO and SEM and explain how they should work together
- explain the advantages of different channels and formats and how the can be used to improve your content strategy.
Hi, I’m Eden Yin, an associate professor in marketing at Cambridge Judge Business School.
We have designed the programme for non-marketeers and aspiring marketeers in a non-marketing role seeking a clear understanding of marketing strategy, looking to understand more about customer motivation and bringing winning product to the market.
This 3-day programme covers the key topics such as strategic planning, segmentation, targeting, and positioning.
Looking forward to seeing you soon in Cambridge.
This 3-day marketing open programme covers the key topics in marketing, such as marketing strategic planning, segmentation, targeting and positioning, product strategies, pricing strategies, branding strategies, customer journey and digital marketing. it is aimed at business executives who are non-marketers but acutely aware of the importance of marketing in driving sustainable growth and profitability for organisations. In the digital era, marketing is no longer just about communication and promotion, but an ongoing organisational process that ensures the value created by various departments collectively within an organisation precisely addresses the right problem faced by the target customers. Aspiring business leaders need to deeply understand the new roles and functions played by marketing in this new era in order to truly win customers’ hearts and minds, and therefore lay the foundation for their organisations’ long-term success.
How you learn
- Non-marketeers and aspiring marketeers in a non-marketing role seeking a clear understanding of marketing strategy.
- Executives, in any function, who are interested in the importance of a customer-centric approach to marketing.
- Product designers or managers looking to understand more about customer motivations and bringing winning-products to the market.
Dr Eden Yin – it was an honour to hear your thoughts, some of which I will implement once I am back. Thank you for providing the fundamental paradigm shift (much required) in my product-centric approach to a more value and big data driven approach. It was amazing.
Faculty and speakers
Learn from our world-class faculty who bring fresh insights from their leading-edge research into all of our Executive Education programmes. The Academic Programme Director (APD) for the Marketing for Non-Marketing Managers programme is Dr Eden Yin.
Mastering Marketing Strategy belongs to our Marketing-topic executive education programmes. Here are a selection of other programmes:
Managing Innovation Strategically
Idea generation. Product exploitation. Learn to manage and operationalise greater levels of innovation within your organisation, exploring how innovative strategies and disruptive business models can achieve competitive advantage and help you thrive in the face of rapid change.
Strategic Management: Creating and Sustaining Competitive Advantage
Enhance your strategic capabilities and understand how to position your organisation to maintain competitive advantage. This programme introduces the fundamentals of strategic thinking, enabling you to identify and act on new opportunities for growth.
Speak to a programme advisor
If you have any questions or would like to discuss how this programme could benefit you or your organisation, please get in touch with the programme advisor.