Professor of Operations & Technology Management
BS, MS (Bilkent University), MS, PhD (Graduate School of Industrial Administration, Carnegie Mellon University)
Strategic interactions between stakeholders in supply chains; socially responsible operations.
Subject group: Operations & Technology Management
Feryal is a strong proponent of practice-based research. Through collaborations with Intel Corporation, Cisco, Stanford University Medical Center and others, she has been able to combine her academic interests with firms’ needs to deliver insights for both communities. At Stanford, her research group designed a decision-support system for optimising capital investment decisions for firms in capital-intensive industries in collaboration with Intel Corporation, which was selected as one of the finalists in the 2012 Franz Edelman Award. The Award recognises outstanding examples of innovative operations research that improves organisations; Feryal was also inducted as an Edelman Laureate.
Feryal is an editorial board member of the Production and Operations Management Society and the Manufacturing and Service Operations Management Society.
Feryal Erhun was previously an Instructor in Medicine at Stanford School of Medicine. She was a faculty member in the Management Science and Engineering Department of Stanford University from 2002 until 2013.
Awards & honours
- Edelman Laureate, INFORMS, 2012
- Finalist, Edelman Award Competition, INFORMS, 2012
- Moving Spirit Award for Fora, INFORMS, 2011
- Meritorious Service Award, Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, 2010
- First Prize, INFORMS Case Competition, 2010
- Meritorious Service Award, Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, 2006
- CAREER Award, National Science Foundation, 2006
- Licensing Research Incentive Award, Stanford Office of Technology, 2003-2004
- Gabilan Award, Stanford University, 2002-2003
- First Prize, Student Paper Competition, YA/EM, 1995