Research Associate, Energy Policy Research Group (ERPG)
MPhil, PhD (University of Cambridge)
Chi Kong is director of the Energy Policy Forum, part of the Energy Policy Research Group (ERPG).
During his PhD research, Chi Kong was a teaching assistant for several courses at Cambridge Judge Business School. He also has experience in consulting companies and governments on investment management and economic policy related to energy and high-tech sectors.
Chi Kong has previously been a Research Associate in Energy Economics & Policy at the School. Prior to this he was a PhD candidate, with research focusing on modelling natural gas markets and analyses of Russia’s strategic gas export policy.
Awards & scholarships
- DG Research and Innovation of the European Commission PhD Scholarship (under “NEARCO2” research grant), 2010-2011
- Energy Policy Research Group PhD Scholarship (under ESRC TSEC research programme), 2008-2010
- Cambridge Centre for Energy Studies PhD Scholarship, 2007-2008
- 30th USAEE/IAEE North American Conference Dennis J. O’Brien Best Paper Awards, 2011
- 34th IAEE International Conference Student Paper Award, 2011
- Ukrainian Ministry of Education and Science Student Research Award, 2005
- Ukrainian National Academy of Sciences Student Research Award, 2004
- Ukrainian Ministry of Economy Student Research Award, 2003
Equilibrium modelling of energy markets; economics of Eurasian natural gas trade relations; investment under uncertainties; project finance and valuation of infrastructure investment; economics and finance of clean energy technologies.
Dr Chyong is a member of the Economics & Policy subject group.