What is EnterpriseWOMEN?
EnterpriseWOMEN is a specialised entrepreneurial learning programme designed for women.
Our priority mission is to bolster and ignite the entrepreneurial spirit within the female research community by offering hands-on, practical learning experiences. We want to increase the number of women following through to become founders and to increase the rate of those conversions.
Our reimagined workshops are planned to equip you with the skills and knowhow necessary for success and growth in the world of entrepreneurship.
This unique programme is tailored to cater to early-stage women researchers and entrepreneurs who aspire to establish new businesses (or have), especially within the science and tech space. Whether you’ve just made those first steps on your entrepreneurial journey, or are seeking essential tools to sustainably get your business to the starting line, or if you’re are already an early-stage founder, EnterpriseWOMEN is here to guide and support you.
Our programme is curated and led by women, drawing expertise from diverse sources such as the Cambridge Judge Business School, University of Cambridge faculty and staff, seasoned mentors, industry specialists, as well as accomplished engineers and scientists with a proven track record in aiding technical entrepreneurs and early-stage start-ups.
The networking we are building will be focussed, practical, relevant and inspiring.
Women are innately creative, yet our great reserves of entrepreneurial potential are often under-nourished. There are real barriers to female entrepreneurship such as securing funding for our ideas and accessing networks to help us get going. EnterpriseWOMEN aims to help female entrepreneurs lead their business forward with confidence and enthusiasm.
The EnterpriseWOMEN objectives are clear:
- Promote gender diversity: We aim to create a culture of inclusivity that fosters gender diversity in entrepreneurship and knowledge exchange.
- Support women entrepreneurs: Our goal is to support female researchers and professionals, providing them with the tools they need to evolve and thrive as entrepreneurs.
- Foster Collaborative Networks: We actively promote the creation of networks for female entrepreneurs, encouraging collaboration and offering tailored mentorship opportunities.
- Build Partnerships: We are building active partnerships and collaborations among researchers, industry leaders, innovators, and universities.
- Enhance Market Entry: Our mission includes facilitating connections to tech transfer and funding routes, ultimately enhancing the success of women-led ventures in entering the market.
EnterpriseWOMEN is not rewriting the rules; we’re redefining them, shaping a future where women entrepreneurs flourish and succeed.
EnterpriseWOMEN is a programme informed by the past and designed for the future to help women entrepreneurs envision their business as the next big thing and claim ownership of their journey and success.
Want to hear about our upcoming programmes?
Sign up to our Entrepreneurship newsletter for updates on our upcoming 2023/24 programme schedule and take a step towards realising your entrepreneurial ambitions.
The programme is fortified by the support of the Higher Education Innovation Fund, a testament to our commitment to fostering innovation and growth.