What is entrepreneurship and is it for me?
Enterprise Tuesday opens the door for budding entrepreneurs to the world of translating ideas into building new businesses. Our aim is to inspire people into pursuing their own entrepreneurial ambitions and help plug those already underway with their new venture creation into the Cambridge network.
Enterprise Tuesday is a series of evening talks and panel discussions with tech pioneers, business leaders, experienced entrepreneurs and specialists. This academic year, it will be a live digital experience across Michaelmas, Lent and Easter terms. We are excited to bring together some excellent and highly topical themes this year curated by leaders in their respective fields.
Entrepreneurship in the Arts and Creative Industries
- Art as a Business and Business as an Art – where is the balance in creative industries between ‘doing the art’ and making money?
- Art, Technology and the Creative Industries – how do advances in technology drive opportunities in the creative sector?
- Building a Creative Business – what makes a great creative business?
- What’s Your Story? – marketing is no longer about the stuff that you make, but about the stories you tell.
Enterprise Tuesday brings together a diverse audience from our student body to the local business ecosystem and beyond.
What these audiences have in common is a fascination with the processes of entrepreneurship. Topics typically cover how to recognise a good business idea, how to build teams, the challenges of raising funding, and stories of successes and failures. These are evenings where experienced entrepreneurs, industry experts and practitioners share real-world insights to help others think about transforming their ideas into something real and of meaningful value.
Who is it for?
These are public talks for University of Cambridge staff and students, members of other universities and the local business community. Learning through the experience of others, this series is for people who want to:
- learn how to transform an idea into enterprise
- find out how to begin developing their own business idea
- build up their business understanding and knowledge
- explore their own entrepreneurial potential
- find out more about business creation competitions and how to apply
- meet like-minded individuals and find new team members
- establish a broad network of experienced entrepreneurs and support professionals.
Talks take place on Tuesday evenings during Michaelmas, Lent and Easter Terms from 18:30-20:00.
Register for a single event for £5, or register for the whole 2020-2021 series for £60.
Online (with prior registration)
Hosted by the Entrepreneurship Centre.