Start your entrepreneurial journey with Enterprise Tuesday!
Enterprise Tuesday opens the door for budding entrepreneurs to the world of translating ideas into building new businesses. Our aim is to inspire people into pursuing their own entrepreneurial ambitions and help plug those already underway with their new venture creation into the Cambridge ecosystem.
Enterprise Tuesday is a series of evening talks and panel discussions with tech pioneers, business leaders and experienced entrepreneurs.
Michaelmas Term: Inspire
Inspire – Stories (from failures to success and everything in between), experiences and thoughts from a range of speakers to capture the imagination of aspiring entrepreneurs, provide a variety of food for thought, and help broaden and enrich their outlook on what entrepreneurship can achieve.
What is it like to be an entrepreneur? Enterprise Tuesday Inspire series includes it all, the challenges, pros and cons, and – ultimately – why ‘the entrepreneurial life’ is a journey worth embarking upon.
- 2 November – Entrepreneurship for sustainability and climate change
- 9 November – Entrepreneurship for life sciences
- 16 November – Digital revolution: cryptocurrencies
- 23 November – Digital revolution: genomics and AI
Lent Term: Accelerate
This series focuses on practical advice to help you create and accelerate your business ideas into commercially viable ventures, including preparing robust business plans, finding and recruiting the best team members, and how to tap into avenues for early-stage funding.
- 1 February – To be announced
- 8 February – To be announced
- 15 February – To be announced
- 22 February – To be announced
Easter Term: Scale
How do companies go from a few people to more than one hundred? What are the common challenges that come up? How can you prepare for scaling from the outset? In this series we hear from business leaders who are in the midst of this and those who have come through it.
- 03 May – To be announced
- 10 May – To be announced
- 17 May – To be announced
- 24 May – To be announced
Each of these three stages are designed so that attendees can leave each session with a clear checklist and ‘takeaway’ of what they can do to set the ball rolling.
Each of these three stages should be designed so that attendees leave each session with a clear checklist and ‘takeaway’ of what they can do to set the ball rolling.
Enterprise Tuesday brings together a diverse audience from our student body to the local business ecosystem and beyond.
What these audiences have in common is a fascination with the processes of entrepreneurship. Topics typically cover how to recognise a good business idea, how to build teams, the challenges of raising funding, and stories of successes and failures. These are evenings where experienced entrepreneurs, industry experts and practitioners share real-world insights to help others think about transforming their ideas into something real and of meaningful value.
Who is it for?
These are public talks for University of Cambridge staff and students, members of other universities and the local business community. Learning through the experience of others, this series is for people who want to:
- learn how to transform an idea into enterprise
- find out how to begin developing their own business idea
- build up their business understanding and knowledge
- explore their own entrepreneurial potential
- find out more about business creation competitions and how to apply
- meet like-minded individuals and find new team members
- establish a broad network of experienced entrepreneurs and support professionals.