- Repositive | Human genomic data repository | Raised £500k led by Amadeus Capital, on top of £300k raised previously, currently finalising Series A funding.
- LifNano | Multiple Sclerosis treatment | Awarded £1 million from Innovate UK Biomedical Catalyst.
- KisanHub | Agriculture data platform | Raised £750k investment led by Notion Capital.
- GeneAdviser | Genetic testing platform | Raised £350k seed round led by Jonathan Milner.
- Healthera | Pharmaceutical management app | Seed round led by Cambridge Enterprise (amount undisclosed).
- Form the Future | Employability for school students | Secured a £380k contract through the Greater Cambridge City Deal.
- Footprints Café | Ecotourism in Cambodia | £300,000 private donation from Darrin Disley.
- Hearts Milk Bank | Donor milk for sick babies | Secured £250k loan and raised £14.5k in crowdfunding.
- Harry Specters | Chocolate made by autistic people | Raised £140k in loans and bonds.
- Amaella | Ethical organic lingerie | Crowdfunded £12,541 (goal was £10k).
- Linguisticator | Language and memory tools | Crowdfunded £11,868 (target was £3k)
We also hold a dedicated loan fund for our social ventures with our partners at Foundation East, and have awarded loans many of our ventures, including AgriInsight, Turtle Dove, Boston Body Hub, Recovery Hub Ipswich and GeneAdviser .
As they grow their ventures, our entrepreneurs develop amazing campaigns, partnerships and events.
John Willis (Power2Inspire)
John Willis completed his #Road2Rio Challenge – born without fully formed arms and legs, he played every single Olympic and Paralympic sport, with prosthetics built by fellow incubatee Cambridge Bioaugmentation Systems.
Aspuna and AGRIinsight
Aspuna and AGRIinsight are collaborating on data analytics for smallholder farmers in The Gambia.
GAP Learning held an exhibition of artworks created by the at-risk people they support at the University of Cambridge Library.
Goshawk Communications (phone signal boosting for hearing loss) ran a successful field trial on the Isle of Man.
Repositive became the world’s largest portal for human genomic data, entered an agreement with AstraZeneca and launched a specialised Chinese dataset.
Tribalingual founder Inky Gibbens spoke at TEDx Cambridge.
Cambridge Social Ventures is firmly embedded in the Cambridge entrepreneurial ecosystem and the social sector across the UK. Our goal is to expand the opportunities available for social entrepreneurs and create opportunities to work in the social sector.
- Investor events: a ‘speed-dating’ evening and an introduction to social and impact investing.
- Health authorities and commissioners joined a meeting with our health-sector ventures.
- Tech4Good Cambridge events supported with partners at Allia.
- Indian social business incubator developed in collaboration with VIT University Chennai, funded by the British Council.
- Student events held with Cambridge Judge MBA students, Entrepreneurial Postdoc Society and Office of Postdoctoral affairs, and further events planned with undergraduates and student clubs.
- Cambridge Judge Masters of Social Innovation students spent time with our ventures at the Future Business Centre.
- Student mentors were trained to advise entrepreneurs at Social Venture Weekend.
- Work to Change the World careers day at University of Cambridge and open days at Cambridge Judge Business School attracted lots of interest from students and emerging entrepreneurs.
- Linguisticator held a hackathon and The Helpful Clinic held an ‘impactathon’ in our co-working space at Future Business Centre.