- Two-day programme
- Gain a deep understanding of digital marketing
- For generalist senior managers, specialist marketing professionals and entrepreneurs
Digital technology continues to open new channels for communication, creating fundamental shifts in business dynamics. Digital is an exciting, dynamic and indispensable area of marketing practice; a critical enabler to business success.
To make sense of the changing landscape, senior marketing and general management leaders need to understand how digital marketing works, assess its strategic impact and learn how to manage it.
In this programme, you will discover approaches geared towards understanding how successful firms use digital tools, techniques and tactics to understand and interact with their customers.
You will understand how to capture value and develop marketing plans to achieve this. You will see how analytics and data could help you meet your marketing and wider business objectives.
As part of the suite of marketing programmes this is designed to deliver cutting-edge insights into the latest theories and practices. Born out of the Cambridge way of learning, smaller class sizes allow for maximum interaction and focus between world-class faculty and top-quality participants. This ensures your experience here will maximise use of your time, whilst making your experience here one of unrivalled quality and relevance.
- Digital marketing: creating, communicating and delivering value
- The digital marketing framework
- The customer journey in the digital age
- Influencing consideration: the search platform and targeted online advertising
- Capturing value in the digital world
- Building awareness and growing loyalty: the social platform
- Leverage the power of data and digital analytics to achieve your business objectives
These topics are set around two practical activities undertaken during the programme.
- Gain a deeper understanding of digital marketing framework and customer journey
- Develop insight into the strategic role of search engines and targeted online advertising
- Build analytical skills to leverage data for your business
- Understand what you need to communicate effectively in the digital era
- Explore how to build an effective social platform.
This programme counts towards the Cambridge Judge Business School General Management Certificate of Achievement. On completing the GMCA you will be eligible to become an associate member of Cambridge Judge Business School’s global network of graduates and business-focused University of Cambridge alumni, faculty and staff.
Who should attend
This programme is designed for senior executives looking to understand digital marketing and how it fits into the wider context of achieving your business objectives.
It will also benefit marketing professionals and entrepreneurs who wish to understand the digital customer journey, the key influencing considerations, conceptual and analytical framework needed to create successful strategic digital marketing campaigns will also benefit from this programme.
Academic Programme Directors
Professor of Marketing, Business & Public Enterprise
PhD (University of Minnesota)
University Lecturer in Marketing
PhD (School of Management, Fudan University)
Faculty & speakers
University Senior Lecturer in Marketing
PhD (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
Dates & fees
1-2 July 2021
£2,500 + VAT
VAT is charged at the prevailing rate, which is currently 20%; e.g. £2,500 + 20% = £3,000.
* Fees include instruction, materials, lunch and breaks. Preferential rates may be available for groups, University of Cambridge alumni and members of the School’s Alumni Association. Please note prices pre-registration are subject to change.
For information regarding payment terms, cancellation rights, transfer policies and fees, please see our terms & conditions documents:
Terms & Conditions for Self-funded Applicants (pdf, 277KB) (updated 4 September 2019)
Terms & Conditions for Organisation-funded Applicants (pdf, 295KB) (updated 4 September 2019)
Registration closes at midday two working days before the programme start date.
Participants are expected to attend the full programme.
Please ensure that you have read our Frequently Asked Questions, which provide important additional information about our face-to-face programmes, in particular during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Version 6 (19 November 2020)