The Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Internship Programme at the Cambridge Centre for Alternative Finance (CCAF), an academic research centre at the University of Cambridge Judge Business School, is intended for students pursuing their career in the area of alternative finance. It is especially suitable for students who have an interest in the global cryptoasset, blockchain, and distributed ledger technology (DLT) ecosystems. The work will be based in Cambridge, UK.
Internship focus: Research on Cryptoassets, Blockchains, and DLT
Some of the tasks will include:
- making use of standard research methods and techniques
- assisting in the design of studies and surveys
- contributing to the data collection and analysis process
- writing up results of surveys and other research work for presentation and publication
- identifying adequate secondary data sources and conduct literature review
- continually updating knowledge and understanding in field or specialism
- engaging with leading actors of the ecosystems, as well as policymakers and regulators
- delivering presentations on topical alternative finance issues to the rest of CCAF team.
Requirements and qualifications
The ideal candidate should have the following qualities, skills and attributes:
- Either current students or recent graduates with background in finance, economics, computer science and/or social sciences.
- Excellent English writing skills.
- Basic data analysis skills and firm command of standard tools.
- Good communication skills.
- Driven and committed, demonstrating initiative, self-motivation and eagerness to become familiar with new concepts.
- Good time management and planning skills with a commitment to delivery.
A high degree of familiarity with the cryptoasset and enterprise blockchain ecosystems, including related economic, social, and technical key concepts) is expected. Additional knowledge in programming (e.g. Python, SQL, R) is desirable, but not a requirement.
Selected candidates will be expected to work full-time in Cambridge for a minimum of three months.
- Financial compensation will apply according to candidate’s personal circumstances.
- You will work with a world-leading research institute and experts in alternative finance, as well as the Centre’s network of influential collaborative partners across the world.
- Candidates may be invited to join as co-authors of research papers intended for peer-reviewed publications or of the research reports published by the Centre.