Our mission is to accelerate the creation and transfer of knowledge that pushes the boundaries of research, catalyses the sustainable development of financial innovation and informs evidence-based regulation.
We have taken a systems-level and highly integrated approach to empirical research, the development of scalable digital tools and the delivery of capacity building and education at scale. We produce knowledge products and services that are timely, independent, robust, accessible and digestible to inform both fintech market development and evidence-based regulation.
We focus on 4 thematic areas at the ecosystem level and leverage our 3 capability pillars (research, digital tools and capacity building) to develop 4 competency clusters that are cutting-edge and world leading.
Our programmes of work
Our systems-level approach has identified 4 key focus themes:
- The development of Fintech markets and industry verticals
- Fintech regulation and regulatory innovation
- Supervisory technology and its application in financial authorities
- Digital assets and digital money
To these 4 areas of focus, we apply our deep expertise in empirical research, digital tool development and capacity building & education and have developed four programmes of work which leverage these capabilities:
- the Cambridge Fintech Market Observatory
- the Cambridge Digital Assets Programme
- the Cambridge Regulatory Innovation Hub
- the Cambridge SupTech Lab