Transformational Leadership (Cyprus)
Enhance your leadership skills. Boost your confidence.
5-6 Dec 2024
£2,990 + VAT
5-6 Dec 2024
£2,990 + VAT
In times of rapidly changing business contexts and globalised work, managers depend more than ever on their subordinates to get results. Employees may thus represent both a key resource and a liability for managerial success. Tapping the full potential of employees, however, may require leadership and people management skills that stretch beyond ordinary managerial competencies.
Grounded in rigorous, cutting-edge research, this programme aims to provide you with inspiration, hands-on tools, and knowledge that may enhance your emotional and leadership skills for managerial results.
- Motivate your employees without using formal authority.
- Flexibly adapt your leadership style to meet the needs of your employees.
- Handle the ‘difficult’ colleagues in your organisation and get what you want without alienating them.
- Effectively promote change in your organisation, and breach resistance to change.
- Persuade your peers and get their buy-in to a new business idea they might find little appealing?
Benefits and career impact
Over the 2 days of this fast-paced and practical programme you will:
- Explore fresh perspectives and approaches on leadership.
- Explore the importance of motivation, change management and persuasion for leadership effectiveness.
- Examine and reflect upon your own style of leading, motivating and persuading subordinates and colleagues.
- Learn about tools and procedures to manage change effectively, and return to your business with concrete ideas of how to implement change.
- On completion of the programme, participants will be awarded a digital certificate of completion by Cambridge Judge Business School Executive Education.
In this 2-day programme, we will deal with people management questions and challenges. And the content is probably best described in trying to identify answers to some of the following questions. Can you motivate your employees without using formal authority? Can you persuade and influence them in an effective way? Can you flexibly tailor your leadership style to the needs of your employees at given points in time? And are you able to breach resistance to change for important initiatives that you’re leading in your organisation?
We will explore answers to those and other questions by drawing on a diversity of tools, frameworks, some theoretical ideas, but most importantly, the experience and the input from the delegates in the classroom.
This programme aims to create value for anyone and the line management role who likes to explore fresh perspectives, new approaches, new tools, and methods in order to address leadership challenges. So the teaching philosophy of the programme is heavily participant centred, which means that at the end of the day, this course is really about the challenges, the issues, the problems that participants face in managing and leading their employees.
A stimulating mix of concepts and media to allow us to come to our own conclusions. I am applying the concepts, the situational and transformational leadership principles, the listening and the competency framework analysis of employees and what stage they are at. I really thought this was excellent.
Transformational Leadership draws on Cambridge’s cutting-edge research and real-world case studies to help you solve your leadership challenges.
This programme is for:
- executives responsible for managing or developing employees, to improve performance and organisational effectiveness
- managers who wish to learn more about motivation and people management
- organisations and individuals who wish to develop leadership qualities during times of organisational change
- executives wishing to develop their leadership styles.
Faculty and speakers
Learn from our world-class faculty who bring fresh insights from their leading-edge research into all of our Executive Education programmes. The Academic Programme Director (APD) for the Transformational Leadership programme is Professor Andreas Richter.
Transformational Leadership belongs to our Managing People-topic executive education programmes. Here is a selection of related programmes:
Cambridge Rising Women Leaders Programme
Explore your professional capabilities and build a strengths-based approach to leadership. The Cambridge Rising Women Leaders Programme is designed for women in the early to middle phases of their management career and looks at the positives of female power. Reflecting on your authentic female leadership style, you’ll develop a career action plan focusing on your rise to senior leadership roles.
Cambridge Advanced Leadership Programme
Refresh your thinking and fine-tune your leadership agenda. The Cambridge ALP is a challenging, immersive programme designed for senior leaders and executives looking to revitalise their leadership strategies. Weaving together vibrant debate, deep experience and leading-edge thinking, you’ll gain new skills, confidence and networks.
Step back. Take stock. Then return, ready to move forward and create immediate impact.
Speak to a programme advisor
If you have any questions or would like to discuss how this programme could benefit you or your organisation, please get in touch with the programme co-ordinator.