Kickstart your entrepreneurial career and start developing your venture at the next Venture Creation Weekend on 1-3 June 2018 at Cambridge Judge Business School. It’s a chance to test your biotech or healthcare business idea, build a team and pitch to investors in 50 hours!
- Are you interested in getting involved in entrepreneurship in biotech and healthcare?
- Do you have a novel biotech/healthcare idea or application that would transform the lives of many people?
The Entrepreneurship Centre is working in partnership with AstraZeneca to offer aspiring entrepreneurs and innovators the chance to explore opportunities, ideas and applications in a range of technologies such as:
- novel biological targets
- therapeutics and research technologies
- digital health (including artificial intelligence, connected data sets)
- diagnostics or any transformative healthcare solution.
Why attend the Biotech & Healthcare VCW?
It’s a chance to create, test and validate your biotech or healthcare venture idea or application with industry experts. You can get inspiration from your peers and mentors, learn the basics of building a business and how to collaborate with others in a team environment. Some of you can go ‘founder-dating’, i.e. use the weekend to match up with one or more co-founders for your business. All participants will work together in teams on customer development, business models, pitching practice and building product prototypes (where appropriate). The most popular ideas are pitched to a panel of judges formed of industry leaders and investors who can provide expert feedback and analysis.
At the end of the VCW, you will have developed your entrepreneurial skills, kick-started your venture, enjoyed the buzz of exploring and creating ideas; and potentially be ready to launch your business together with a talented team.
In addition, one or more of the participating teams will be invited for an interview to join our Accelerate Cambridge incubator programme delivered by the CJBS Entrepreneurship Centre. Please note that successful application is dependent on whether the team meets the selection criteria.
One of the teams will receive an invitation to AstraZeneca Exchange Cambridge, a global life science networking event at the end of June 2018.
When is it?
The Biotech & Healthcare VCW starts promptly at 16:30 on Friday 1 June and ends at 19:00 on Sunday 3 June.
The exact dates and times are:
- Fri 1 June 2018, 16:30-17:30 – Keynote speaker (open to everyone)
- Fri 1 June 2018, 17:30-23:00
- Sat 2 June 2018, 08:30-23:00
- Sun 3 June 2018, 08:30-19:00 (followed by a dinner* from 19:00 to close)
* Please note there is a special closing dinner following the final pitches to celebrate the achievements of the weekend.
The venue is Cambridge Judge Business School, Trumpington Street, Cambridge CB2 1AG. View our location and directions