The accounting landscape is changing at an extraordinary rate.
Phenomena such as triple-entry accounting, increased automation, and big data, as well as an expectation that accountants must report on a wider gamut of activities than ever before, are placing unprecedented demands on accounting and finance professionals.
The future will require an attitude shift away from the traditional, prescriptive mindset, towards a more agile and dynamic approach. Advanced-level skills in processing and analysing complex data, and in making informed decisions in the face of ambiguity, are becoming increasingly indispensable.
To prepare industry for this new age of financial information, Cambridge Judge Business School has launched the new Cambridge Master of Accounting (MAcc).
Designed to equip high-flying accounting professionals with the depth of thought and understanding needed to thrive in an unpredictable future, this part-time degree will empower participants to deal with open-ended problems, face ambiguity with confidence, and take on leadership roles in their profession in the future.
The MAcc joins a suite of other highly reputed Masters programmes from CJBS, including the full-time MBA, Executive MBA, and Master of Finance, all of which rank highly in international league tables and attract global audiences.
If you are an ambitious accountant or professional working with numerical data, here are five ways the Cambridge Master of Accounting will help you face an uncertain future with confidence:
- Futureproof your capabilities and equip yourself to lead – invigorate your professional development and mobility, accelerate your progress to leadership and diversify your career opportunities.
- Part-time structure designed to fit around your professional life – come to Cambridge for quarterly study sessions and complete projects using our virtual learning environment between sessions. Immediately apply your learning to your work.
- Network with senior figures and connect with opportunity – build your contacts and meet leaders in the field of financial information. Forge valuable networks with likeminded professionals.
- Dynamic programme for a changing profession – the MAcc is shaped and endorsed by a group of industry advisers holding senior positions at leading companies around the world. Their input has created a course that will equip you to overcome challenges on the horizon, as well as those you face today.
- The Cambridge experience – become a part of one of the world’s most highly regarded education institutions. Join the Cambridge Judge community and enjoy lifelong College membership and alumni benefits.
Programme Director Mike Willis said: “The Cambridge Master of Accounting will bring together top students with award-winning faculty and leaders in the accounting profession to undertake a unique curriculum combining technical expertise with broader professional skills. We’re giving students the opportunity to explore the most important issues in accounting, network with leading professionals in the industry, and prepare for leadership roles in the field.”
The Cambridge MAcc is now taking applications for the launch intake in September 2018. Find out more via the links below.