Join the programme to get insights into the fintech market ecosystem – status, trends, opportunities, & challenges, and you will be contributing to high-impact global reports.
5 to 6 months (possibility of extension)
15 hours/week (minimum)
Remote – worldwide (for Asia-Pacific (APAC) regional work, with preference to candidates from or in the APAC region)
The Cambridge Fintech Market Observatory (CFMO) is the CCAF’s flagship programme to research the development of alternative financing channels, instruments and systems from the industry perspective.
The CFMO is uniquely positioned to respond to current public and private sector needs for more robust empirical data on fintech that can inform market development and facilitate evidence-based regulation.
Learn more about our work
Summary of project work
The process of conducting empirical research necessitates a comprehensive action-plan and well-organised procedure. Project work under this internship will consist of tasks related to data analysis and research, including tasks related to:
- Create and deploy surveys utilising tools like Qualtrics,
- Conducting thorough testing of the survey and exporting the dataset,
- Formatting the dataset appropriately and validating the data to ensure reliability,
- Using scripts to generate data cuts for in-depth analysis,
- Conducting data analysis and visualisation.
Hours are flexible (within reasonable timeframes to support GMT work hours) and interns can be fully remote. We are looking for data research interns with excellent communication, analytical and writing skills.
- Working alongside the data analytics team and assisting data leads in all data processes: this includes data transformations, such as data set cleaning, validation, filtering, masking, and aggregations, which ensure appropriate data integration and standardisation for addition to the data repository.
- Creating data dashboards and graphics.
- Data scraping and script creation for data analysis.
- Contributing to the analysis, presentation and visualisation of the data, wherever applicable.
- Working with the broader research team and report writers to support insights development and presentation of data in compelling written reports.
- Participating in testing methodology and pursuing analysis on areas of personal academic interest.
As an intern you:
- Will work in a stimulating working environment with friendly, highly motivated colleagues.
- Will get opportunities to develop and implement new ideas in a creative environment.
- May be invited to join as co-authors of the research reports and articles published by the Centre.
- Will get opportunities to join events with industry, academicians, researchers, regulators & policymakers regarding the most pressing themes in fintech.
- Will work with an international team on cutting-edge research, covering a global industry.
- Will receive a certificate upon successful completion of the internship programme to accelerate your career in fintech by enhancing your CV.
The following qualities, skills and attributes are indicative of those you are likely to have as a candidate for this role. You are asked to provide a CV and complete an application form that demonstrates how your own experience meets these requirements.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree or Ph.D., ideally in Finance, Economics, Statistics, Technology or a similar field (final year bachelor students will be considered with exceptional data analysis experience).
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficiency in performing research and using research tools and the ability to gather, interpret and present data effectively.
- Experience with data analysis and data visualisation tools and software (such as Excel, Power Bi, R, STATA or Python).
- Computer software skills including advanced Microsoft Office package, particularly Excel.
- Strong organisational skills and professional team communication skills. Ability to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team environment, as well as the ability to complete tasks independently when required.
- A proactive attitude towards problem-solving.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to deliver to a high standard, managing multiple deadlines simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively report data findings/insights.
- English language fluency or native speaker with report writing skills.
- Knowledge of fintech/alternative finance market ecosystem.
- Previous experience in market research, analysis or related fields.
Applications should be sent no later than 30/07/2023.
- Interviews & decisions: July/August
- Starts: Immediate
Ready to apply?
If you meet the criteria for this internship we’d love to hear from you.
It is easy to apply you only need to complete two simple steps:
Once you have your CV ready you can: