The report provides an accessible guide to scenario analysis and applications for the DRR community, to facilitate the understanding, communication, management, and mitigation of disaster risks. A practical framework is provided to assist practitioners engaging with scenario development. We explore key characteristics of disaster risk scenarios and their associated development methods, and suggest how they can be used effectively.
- Developing Scenarios for Disaster Risk Reduction
- Disaster Recovery Case Study: Hurricane Katrina
- Disaster Recovery Case Study: Superstorm Sandy
- Impacts of Severe Natural Catastrophes on Financial Markets
- Optimising Disaster Recovery
- Profile of a Macro-Catastrophe Threat Type ‘Freeze’
- Unhedgeable Risk: How Climate Change Sentiment Impacts Investment