The MPhil in Management is for those wanting to pursue a career in business without having already studied business or management.
A year at Cambridge is a life-changing experience, equipping you to become a leader in your field. Here, you’ll enjoy:
- Studying at one of the world’s foremost academic institutions, home to over 90 Nobel Laureates
- The benefits of the Collegiate system, including lifetime membership of your College
- Status as an alumnus of the University of Cambridge, a global network of high achievers
- Support from the University Careers Service in a dynamic, stimulating business environment.
Who is the programme for?
Unlike the School’s post-experience programmes, the MPhil in Management is for you if you have:
- A UK First Class Honours degree (or equivalent international qualification) in any non-business or management discipline
- Less than one year of work experience as of the start of the programme.
As part of the shortlisting process, you’ll be asked to supply transcripts and academic references when you apply.
What will you learn?
This taught masters programme offers a thorough grounding in management based on world-leading research. This involves skills ranging from the mathematical to the interpersonal, so you’re challenged to excel across a range of theoretical and practical disciplines.
Lectures, discussions, and written work are designed for you to gain a critical understanding of the practice of management, including:
- Key applied techniques
- Conceptual issues
- Contemporary debates in academic management literature.
Most graduates of our MPhil in Management are expected to go into business. As such, we’ve built the programme as a graduate conversion course to equip you for your new career.