Visit our Calendar for dates of scheduled open programmes on innovation
As well as being part of a world-renowned research university, a rich local Cambridge Judge Business School benefits from business community.
Cambridge is infused with innovation, by bringing together research and industry an atmosphere has been created that has led to the development of science parks, start-up incubators and innovation centres. The Cambridge Cluster – or Silicon Fen – is now the most successful technology cluster in Europe and one of the most successful in the world.
The Cambridge Innovation Management Certificate of Achievement (IMCA) is a formal recognition of continuous professional development in innovation management at Cambridge Judge Business School over a two-year period. The certificate is delivered by the School’s most senior faculty and builds upon the latest research and a combined experience of over 30 years of support for, and working with innovative, entrepreneurial and growing organisations.
Participants will develop a deep understanding of the complexity and interdependencies of innovation management. The IMCA helps participants to integrate innovation considerations into their business strategy and build the management skills required to promote the right processes to encourage the desired innovation outcome in their organisations.
The programme requires that you complete a minimum of three programmes, or the equivalent of a minimum of six learning days, within a two-year period.
The Certificate is designed to bring the latest thinking and knowledge from Cambridge Judge Business School to help you leverage your innovation capabilities to create, deliver and maximise value for your organisation.
Over the course of the Certificate participants will be introduced to applicable frameworks, tools and core models, helping senior executives to successfully manage and embed the innovation process into their organisation.
The IMCA constitutes a minimum of three programmes, selected from our suite of innovation programmes, or the equivalent of a minimum of six learning days, to be completed within a two-year period.
Your learning journey
The Innovation Management Certificate of Achievement is awarded upon completion of a minimum of three programmes, selected from our suite of innovation programmes that add up to the equivalent of a minimum of six learning days. These are to be completed within a two-year period.
Choose from the following:
You’ll learn from the outstanding faculty and associates of Cambridge Judge Business School and gain a truly international experience from your global peer group.
- Acquire a broad understanding of leading-edge business concepts from Cambridge faculty
- Share a highly interactive learning environment with other participants from across the globe
- Enhance your career needs through specific courses and build effective leadership skills
- Gain new insights based on rigorous management best practice and research
- Benefit from a method of study to meet the demands of your timetable and that best satisfies your learning requirements
- Achieve a certificate of attendance from each programme taken, as well as the Certificate of Achievement on completion of all three.
Our Live Online programmes bring Cambridge to you wherever you are, delivering the best aspects of a face-to-face learning experience here in Cambridge, into your office or home. Using technologies we are all now familiar with, you will take part in breakout groups with real time interaction between your peers and faculty. You will engage in realistic simulations or use software-enabled “sprint” design development. We also introduce guest speakers, live “Cambridge Union”-style debates and panels of experts and practitioners into the class.
Our Live Online programmes take place over a number of half-day sessions, run in the mornings (UK time).
Face-to-face is a traditional, intense classroom learning experience and is all about hands-on interaction. You will be a part of exercises, debates and conversations, engaging directly with our faculty and your peers. Conversations spill over into breaktimes and meals, forming lasting connections. Share your ideas, develop your network and grow professionally, whilst enjoying the historic city of Cambridge.
Who should attend?
- Managers and executives involved in strategy and business development
- Senior operations executives looking to inspire innovation in complex organisations Functional leaders and managers who are seeking to understand the impact of innovation in the wider organisation
- Strategic planners, R&D directors, product managers, technical managers and consultants.
- Employees who seek to transition to a role of senior leadership where their role requires them to manage people who directly, or indirectly, impact the organisation’s innovative output
- Senior managers of large established or fast growth organisations who seek to purposefully enable and sustain the entrepreneurial spirit within their organisation
- Managers of fast growth organisations who seek to purposefully enable and sustain the entrepreneurial spirit within their organisation.
Visit our Calendar for dates of scheduled open programmes on Innovation, including their duration. The programme choices can be taken in any order, and you have up two years to complete them. We request participants attend a minimum of three programmes.
The certificate fee is £7,150 + VAT. VAT is charged at the prevailing rate, which currently 20%; e.g. £7,150 + 20% = £8,580.
The fee can be paid in full or, to spread the cost, on programme-by-programme basis. To discuss payment options, please contact [email protected] for further details.
The fee covers six days of teaching and includes instruction, materials, lunch and breaks. If select the three-day “Driving Entrepreneurial Capability” programme you will need to select two additional two-day ICMA programmes. This adds up to total of seven days of learning. The rate of the additional day learning is £1,000 + 20% VAT.
Why Cambridge Judge Business School?
Cambridge Judge faculty
All of our programmes are designed and led by an Academic Programme Director, who is a member of Cambridge Judge Business School faculty. They will also deliver substantial portions of that programme.
The research conducted by Cambridge Judge Business School’s 19 research centres, across a diverse range of disciplines, flows directly into all of our programmes, bringing new insights to our programme content.
Small group learning
With small class sizes, we continue the Cambridge way of learning that emphasises high levels of interaction with both our world-class faculty and peers.
Registration closes at midday two working days before the programme start date.
Participants are expected to attend the full programme.
For information regarding payment terms, cancellation rights, transfer policies and fees, please see our terms & conditions documents:
Version 8 (11 April 2022)