Join the programme to get insights into the fintech market ecosystem – status, trends, opportunities, & challenges, and you will be contributing to high-impact global reports.
5 to 6 months (possibility of extension)
Remote – worldwide (for Asia-Pacific (APAC) regional work, with preference to candidates from or in the APAC region)
The Cambridge Fintech Market Observatory (CFMO) is the CCAF’s flagship programme to research the development of alternative financing channels, instruments and systems from the industry perspective.
The CFMO is uniquely positioned to respond to current public and private sector needs for more robust empirical data on fintech that can inform market development and facilitate evidence-based regulation.
Learn more about our work
Summary of project work
The process of conducting empirical research necessitates a comprehensive action-plan and well-organised procedure. Project work under this internship will consist of tasks related to research, including tasks related to:
- Survey design, development, and deployment,
- Conducting interviews and moderating focus groups,
- Conducting secondary/desktop research,
- Analysing qualitative data and organising insights,
- Report writing and copy editing.
Hours are flexible (within reasonable timeframes to support GMT work hours) and interns can be fully remote. We are looking for market research interns with excellent communication, analytical and writing skills.
- Working alongside the market research team for the research process – research design, data collection, analysis and research report writing.
- Assisting market research leads and principal investigator at CFMO in undertaking, organising, and drafting research and preparing reports for publication.
- Conducting desktop research to identify adequate secondary data sources and conducting secondary research to assist in verification/efficacy of hypotheses being tested.
- Contributing to the analysis, presentation and visualisation of the data, wherever applicable.
- Contributing to report writing and other authorship opportunities, as available.
- Encouraged to pursue research on areas of personal academic interest, as available.
As an intern you:
- Will work in a stimulating working environment with friendly, highly motivated colleagues.
- Will get opportunities to develop and implement new ideas in a creative environment.
- May be invited to join as co-authors of the research reports and articles published by the Centre.
- Will get opportunities to join events with industry, academicians, researchers, regulators & policymakers regarding the most pressing themes in fintech.
- Will work with an international team on cutting-edge research, covering a global industry.
- Will receive a certificate upon successful completion of the internship programme to accelerate your career in fintech by enhancing your CV.
The following qualities, skills and attributes are indicative of those you are likely to have as a candidate for this role. You are asked to provide a CV and complete an application form that demonstrates how your own experience meets these requirements.
- Master’s degree or Ph.D., ideally in Finance, Economics, Statistics, Technology or a similar field (final year bachelor students will be considered with exceptional writing samples and research experience).
- Experience in report writing, and familiarity with the fintech and/or financial services industry.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficiency in performing research and using research tools and the ability to gather, interpret, and present data effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively report data findings/insights.
- English language fluency or native speaker.
- Computer software skills including advanced Microsoft Office package, particularly Word for research reports (managing and working in group documents, proofreading, structuring chapters and data analysis for publication in Word) and interpreting data analysis in Excel.
- Strong organisational skills and professional team communication skills. Ability to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team environment, as well as the ability to complete tasks independently when required.
- A proactive attitude towards problem-solving.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to deliver to a high standard managing multiple deadlines simultaneously.
- Market research experience, especially in any fintech activities, would be advantageous (a regional understanding of the fintech market in APAC is desirable for APAC candidates).
- Familiarity with industry trends, news and regulatory changes impacting the fintech landscape. The candidate should display a curiosity for staying updated with the latest developments in the field.
Applications should be sent no later than 30/07/2023.
- Interviews & decisions: July/August
- Starts: Immediate
Ready to apply?
If you meet the criteria for this internship we’d love to hear from you.
It is easy to apply you only need to complete two simple steps:
Once you have your CV ready you can: