Business decision-making in the 21st century implies governing through global disruptions, whether it be a pandemic, an environmental disaster or a geopolitical event. More than ever, organisations now require corporate strategies that are adaptable; as these events affect the entire ecosystem.
In this eight-week programme, taught through video lectures, discussions, live webinars and application exercises, you will learn to develop and execute strategies to create and maintain competitive advantage, particularly during a highly uncertain environment.
You will discuss the core principles and practices associated with strategy formulation, evaluation and execution, as well as learning how to use strategic frameworks, models and tools to formulate, evaluate and improve strategies. Over the course of the programme you will also analyse using case studies, critical, real-world business situations, while learning how to develop creative, strategic solutions.
- Module 1: Introduction to strategy
- Module 2: Frameworks for creating breakthrough strategies
- Module 3: Good vs. bad strategy in the 21st century
- Module 4: Beyond industries: strategy in ecosystems
- Module 5: Growth, competition and mergers & acquisitions
- Module 6: Corporate strategy: new ways of conceptualising it
- Module 7: Emergent strategies
- Module 8: Execution and implementation of strategy
- Learn the key principles of strategy formulation, implementation and execution
- Learn how to use strategic frameworks, models and tools in order to to formulate, evaluate and improve your strategy
- Learn how to develop creative, strategic solutions in your own organisation, through the analysis of real-world case studies
- Learn how to identify the inflection points that are the harbingers of large, systemic changes, such as digital transformation and pandemics.
This programme counts towards the Cambridge Judge Business School General Management Certificate of Achievement. On completing the GMCA you will be eligible to become an associate member of Cambridge Judge Business School’s global network of graduates and business-focused University of Cambridge alumni, faculty and staff.
Who should attend
Participants will learn a variety of frameworks to examine the competitive environment and assess the relative position of their organisations to identify early signs of disruption.
This programme is ideal for:
- CXOs responsible for short- and long-term strategy, growth and business continuity at the firm level
- Mid- to Senior-Level Management Executives responsible for building a strategic roadmap that is adaptable for any market environment
- Corporate Strategy Heads who need to monitor and report on new growth opportunities, areas for achieving efficiency and advising organisational strategy
- Strategy Consultants advising clients on business transformation and growth, as well as mapping out business recovery strategies.
Faculty & speakers
Reader in Strategy & Policy
PhD (McGill University)
Shazhad (Shaz) Ansari
Professor of Strategy & Innovation
PhD (University of Cambridge)
Dates & fees
23 March 2021
Participants are expected to attend the whole programme.
If you have any questions or would like to have a chat about this programme and how it could benefit you or your organisation, please get in touch with the Open Programmes team:
Version 1 (4 February 2021)