Steering Complex Projects
Successful project management is crucial for organisations. The more complicated the project the higher the risk of failure. Steering Complex Projects enables you to understand and apply best practice approaches to navigating complexity.
Upcoming programme dates to be confirmed.
Expand your management capabilities with the confidence and skills to take on more complex and novel projects. Then, learn to put everything into context, aligning your individual project goals with high-level strategic objectives.
Successful project management is crucial for business growth and organisational change. Steering Complex Projects explores three different project types: execution, novel and change. Working alongside other experienced project professionals, you will explore how to factor in the politics and negotiation of strategy, how to build the personnel and incentive structure necessary to identify the right project format for your strategy and finally, how to implement your new knowledge in a wider strategic context.
Benefits and career impact
Exploit your experience and achieve your objectives more efficiently.
- Translate high-level strategic goals into project goals.
- Identify the key characteristics of different types of projects, and articulate the appropriate management and personnel systems for each.
- Anticipate project uncertainties and understand how to take mitigating or responsive actions.
- Build a framework for managing governance structures with accountability measures.
- Develop effective practices in relationship management and exercising influence.
- Apply established methods of knowledge exchange and learning tools in a way that is appropriate to the challenges of a project.
- Gain a digital certificate of completion from Cambridge Judge Business School Executive Education.
- Understand the context between individual project and wider strategic goals.
- Streamline project management capabilities within your organisation.
- Enable your senior people to navigate complex projects in alignment with your organisational goals.
Too often we see projects in isolation. We view projects without context and fail to adequately bring our experience to the process.
Develop the knowledge to plan and execute projects more effectively, and with the most strategically appropriate approach.
Develop your professional expertise. The Steering Complex Projects programme is suitable for:
- C-suite and senior-level executives seeking an overview of and insights into complex project management
- highly experienced, PMP-certified project managers looking to develop their leadership skills in project management
- consultants who need the skill to articulate the case for projects and influence multiple stakeholders
- content is applicable to most major industries, including banking and finance, consulting, government, infrastructure, professional services, real estate, technology and telecoms.
Faculty and speakers
Learn from our world-class faculty who bring fresh insights from their leading-edge research into all of our Executive Education programmes.
Steering Complex Projects belongs to our Managing Organisations-topic executive education programmes. Here is a selection of related programmes: