Julian Metherell named new Chair of the Advisory Board of Cambridge Judge Business School, the first Business School alumnus to hold the role.
Cambridge Judge Business School is thrilled to welcome Julian Metherell as the new Chair of the Advisory Board, the first Business School alumnus to hold this role.
The Advisory Board provides advice and support to the Dean, and is made up of high-profile leaders from a range of sectors and industries to help us achieve the School’s top priorities.
Julian brings a deep passion for Cambridge Judge as a Cambridge MBA 1992 alumnus, a long-time member of the Advisory Board and a generous philanthropist to the School, helping us to achieve our mission and vision.
Julian also brings a significant breadth of business experience. He is the Partner & Co-Founder of MW&L Capital Partners, and Non-Executive Director of GasLog, a New York Stock Exchange-listed shipping company. Previously Julian was a Partner at Goldman Sachs and CEO of its UK investment banking business, and he founded Vallares Capital, which became Genel Energy following a merger in 2011. He was Chief Financial Officer of Genel from 2011-15.
Julian succeeds Lord Karan Bilimoria of Chelsea CBE DL, who joined the Cambridge Judge Advisory Board in 2008 and was appointed Chair in 2015.
We are so pleased that Julian will continue to deepen his engagement with the School in this new leadership role, and we look forward to his invaluable contribution.
Cambridge Judge would like to extend our sincerest thanks to all current Advisory Board Members, for their unfaltering commitment and support to the School:
- Ms Nina Bhatia, Executive Director of Strategy & Commercial Development, John Lewis Partnership
- Mr Richard Boggis-Rolfe OBE, Non-Executive Chairman, Odgers Berndtson
- Ms Carolyn Bradley, Senior Independent Director, Marston’s, Senior Independent Director, SSP Group
- Ms Mandy Calvert, CEO & Founder, Quince Consultancy
- Professor Dame Sandra Dawson, KPMG Professor Emeritus of Management Studies
- Ms Julie Deane OBE, Co-Founder & Owner, Cambridge Satchel Company
- Ms Rina Einy, Managing Partner, Textyle Group, Founder & Owner, Culthread London
- Mr Colin Fitzgerald, Head of EMEA Distribution, Invesco
- Ms Karin Forseke CBE, Former CEO, Carnegie Investment Bank
- Mr Stewart Grimshaw, Chairman, The Monument Trust
- Mr Badr Jafar, CEO, Crescent Enterprises
- Ms Wang Li, Independent Director of China Education Resources, Executive Director, China’s Stock Exchange Executive Council (SEEC), Managing Director, SEEC Holdings
- Dame Helena Morrissey CBE DBE, Financier, Non-Executive Director, St James’s Place, Author & Founder, 30% Club
- Sir Menelas (Mene) Pangalos, Executive Vice-President, R&D, BioPharmaceuticals, AstraZeneca
- Mr Ian Rand, Former CEO of Business Banking, Barclays
- Mr Habib Sayegh, CEO, Sayegh Companies
- Mrs Julie Spence OBE QPM, Lord-Lieutenant of Cambridgeshire
- Mr David Stern, Chairman, Witan Group
- Mr Tomasz (Tom) Ujejski, Co-Founder & Director, General Counsel, Tailwind Energy Lt; CEO & Founder, North Sea Ventures (NSV)
- Mr Tim Wates, Director, Wates Group