At Cambridge Judge Business School, we value the diversity and inclusiveness of our community – from students to staff, alumni and faculty. We are committed to preventing and confronting any form of discrimination.
Leader in business excellence through equality, diversity and inclusion in everything we do
We seek to make a meaningful and lasting contribution to the world in the task of promoting a sustainable, equitable, diverse, and inclusive future for all. We are all part of one all-encompassing community of learners focused on bettering the world.
Cambridge Judge Business School works to pursue equality of opportunity. We promote initiatives aiming at supporting and encouraging all under-represented groups and highly value diversity in our teaching, recruitment and research.
Our community is highly international. This global background is essential in enabling our world-class research, teaching and real-world impact as a School. Read more about our diversity.
We are committed to ensuring a workplace mindset based on respecting differences and promoting a truly inclusive environment.
Long term commitment to EDI
Cambridge Judge has embarked on a long-term commitment to EDI. We will work to adapt our admissions, student orientation, and the curriculum so that they embrace the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI).
Formation of an EDI Committee
The Equality Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Committee, chaired by Dean, Professor Mauro Guillen, is the leading body for the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion agenda at Cambridge Judge. Formed in November 2021, its purpose is to develop the EDI strategy and to drive tangible and sustainable change, working with student clubs, faculty, staff and alumni networks across the Business School and the wider University.
Members of the EDI Committee
- Dean, Mauro Guillén, Chairperson
- CJBS EDI Manager, Manaz Javaid – Facilitator
- Advisory Board Member, Karin Forseke – Advisory Board Representative
- Founder and Entrepreneur, Ashwini Anburajan – Alumni Representative
- Director of HR, Julie Brown – Human Resources
- Director Corporate Communications and Marketing, Tracey Horn – Communications and Marketing
- Professor of Marketing & Decision Sciences, Vice Dean, Vincent Wah Sung Mak – Faculty
- University Lecturer in Strategy & Organisation, Lionel Paolella – Faculty
- Student Representative – post to be nominated for 2022/23
The Cambridge Judge Business School EDI Committee was officially inaugurated on 15 November 2021.
Recruitment of an EDI Manager
To bring focus and coherence to the Cambridge Judge EDI action plan, in September 2021 Cambridge Judge recruited Manaz Javad as EDI Manager to facilitate both the delivery and coordination of our EDI activities and to measure the tangible change resulting.
Four priority objectives for 2022/23
The EDI Committee is working on a School-wide EDI Action Plan with four priority objectives for 2022/23:
- Consider EDI in everything we do.
- Profile equality, diversity and under-representation.
- Expert business EDI research and teaching.
- Celebrate diversity and inclusion at CJBS.