Chief Technology Officer Programme
The CTO Programme is ideal for technology professionals in decision-making roles who want to step up to a company-wide leadership position.
5 Dec 2023 (start date)
5 Dec 2023 (start date)
Cambridge Judge Business School Executive Education’s Chief Technology Officer (CTO) Programme is designed for technology professionals in senior management roles who want to step into leadership positions. The comprehensive curriculum will help you master the leadership skills needed to champion technology initiatives and boost business outcomes. It will also help you anticipate the scale at which products and technologies may evolve in the future, enabling you to build a competitive advantage and exceed business goals.
Practical sessions will guide you to formulate an innovation and technology action plan and cascade it into functional global strategies. The programme will equip you to take ownership of your organisation’s innovation portfolio. The in-depth curriculum is modelled to help you develop and lead new products and designs, business models, processes and technologies. You will also gain insights into the best practices for implementation of new technology initiatives to reshape the business. In addition, this programme will enable you to collaborate with other C-suite members and functional teams to continuously improve the technology road map and maintain a culture of innovation. Lastly, the programme will expand your external capabilities to handle tech intelligence and relationships with regulators, policymakers and business ecosystems.
Benefits and career impact
- Core curriculum – Kick-start your programme journey with 26 weeks of in-depth core sessions on strategy, culture and leadership and policy, process and execution.
- High touch – Live online and face-to-face sessions, online webinars, project coaching and leading industry guest speakers.
- World-renowned faculty – Learn from thought leaders and cutting-edge researchers. Learn from high-achieving peers from around the globe and build your network.
- Choice of electives – Select two topical electives to gain a relevant skillset specific to your career goals.
- Success coach – You will be assigned a success coach, who will help craft your learning journey through regular check-in sessions.
- Practitioner insights – Glean insights from global industry experts with guest lectures throughout the programme.
- Networking event – Interact with faculty, peers and global industry leaders during a two and a half-day in-person networking event.
- Action plan – Apply programme concepts to prepare an action plan that addresses a real-world technology issue in your organisation.
- Alumni benefits – Earn select Cambridge Judge Business School alumni benefits upon completion of the programme.
- Upon successful completion of the programme, participants will be awarded a digital Certificate of Completion by CJBS Executive Education.
This programme will prepare you to step up to the C-suite and contribute to business strategy.
The core modules provide a broad foundation in the key parameters of technology leadership, from strategic planning to influencing company culture. You will develop essential technical and interpersonal skills to foster high-performance teams, delve into disruptive technologies and learn how to make data-driven decisions.
How you learn: Blended
A mix of live online, online and face-to-face.
The rewarding 9-month learning journey comprises a mix of core and elective online modules crafted to deliver professional development, supported by your own personal success coach.
- Learn from thought leaders and cutting-edge researchers
- Benefit from high touch live online sessions, project coaching and leading industry guest speakers
- Interact with faculty, peers and global industry leaders during a three-day, in-person networking event.
The programme is ideal for technology professionals in decision-making roles who want to step up to a company-wide leadership position and contribute to business strategy. If you are seeking a programme that hones your innovation and technological capabilities, advances your influencing and communication skills and helps you grow your global network, then this is ideal for you.
Participants should have more than 5 years of management experience with a successful track record in one or more functional areas of business and an agenda for change.
Faculty and speakers
Learn from our world-class faculty who bring fresh insights from their leading-edge research into all of our Executive Education programmes.
The Chief Technology Policy Officer Programme belongs to our Leadership-topic executive education programmes. Here is a selection of related programmes:
Cambridge Advanced Leadership Programme
Refresh your thinking and fine-tune your leadership agenda. The Cambridge ALP is a challenging, immersive programme designed for senior leaders and executives looking to revitalise their leadership strategies. Weaving together vibrant debate, deep experience and leading-edge thinking, you’ll gain new skills, confidence and networks.
Step back. Take stock. Then return, ready to move forward and create immediate impact.
Cambridge Senior Management Programme
Engage with world-renowned Cambridge faculty and interact with an exceptional peer group. The Cambridge Senior Management Programme is a uniquely transformative learning journey covering four key themes: Strategy, Digital Innovation, Organisational Transformation and Business Analytics. Building confidence and expertise, you’ll enhance your strategic leadership perspective in preparation for the next step in your career.
Cambridge General Management Programme
Broaden your perspective, create new connections and gain a deeper understanding of key management disciplines, including Finance, Marketing, Operations and Innovation. The Cambridge General Management Programme is an intensive two-week programme that will stretch your thinking and increase your confidence. Designed to support your transition to a broader management role, you’ll improve your decision-making abilities and get ready to accelerate your career.