In a working environment characterised by rapid change and uncertainty and an imperative for higher performance, leaders and managers know they have to get the best from their employees and from themselves to develop an effective workplace.
This programme looks at how leaders and managers can increase the effectiveness of their team and their organisation through enhancing the attraction, motivation, development and retention of their employees.
We look at the approaches, mechanisms and practices that increase performance and commitment and build alignment with the strategic objectives of the organisation.
The programme draws on latest research and case studies showcasing innovative approaches to increasing organisational and team effectiveness.
Day one: How can organisations align people to the strategic imperatives and build a sense of commitment?
Day two: The latest advances in motivation research and performance management. How can leaders and managers take their employees to a new level in terms of behaviours and output?
Day three: The varieties of diversity, including age, gender, cultural and generational differences. How can we harness these differences to add to organisational effectiveness?
In the concluding part of the programme, there will be an effectiveness clinic and finish with highly practical takeaways for your own organisation.
Cambridge Judge Business School offers a distinctive approach born out of the University of Cambridge way.
- The programme draws up on cutting-edge academic research, as you would expect from a business school with 19 research centres, rated as the best for the impact of its research by the UK Government*
- The University of Cambridge has always emphasised smaller class sizes for maximum interaction and focused effort between world-class faculty and top quality participants. Cambridge Judge is no exception. This makes your experience here one of unrivalled quality and relevance
- Our programmes may be shorter, we aim to maximise the use of your time – you will likely be stretched as you have never known; that is the Cambridge way.
*UK Govt. survey REF14
- Aligning people and strategy
- Talent attraction, nurturing and retention
- Individual development and performance management
- Organisational development and change management.
You’ll learn from outstanding faculty and associates of Cambridge Judge Business School and gain a truly international experience from your global peer group.
In this fast-paced and practical three-day programme you will:
- Acquire and develop new people management capabilities and confidence
- Gain practical concepts and frameworks to align your employees to your core objectives
- Translate frameworks into day-to-day business responsibilities
- Understand more about your own role as a leader
- Develop personal action plans to utilise your new skills and achieve desired behaviours within your team
- Receive advice on the issues you are facing through our open forum workshop
- Membership of Cambridge Judge Business School’s Centre for International Human Resource Management.
This programme counts towards the Cambridge Judge Business School General Management Certificate of Achievement. On completing the GMCA you will be eligible to become an associate member of Cambridge Judge Business School’s global network of graduates and business-focused University of Cambridge alumni, faculty and staff.
Who should attend
Leaders and managers looking to improve:
- The effectiveness of their teams and organisations
- Their own capabilities in talent, performance management, development and change management
- The HR professional, L&D, CHRO supporting the organisation’s overall strategic direction across recruiting, compensation, talent and performance management, succession planning, training, diversity, development and more.
This was a great balance of theory and examples in practice. Excellent tutors that encouraged group participation. I would recommend the course to anyone in people management. ”
Faculty & speakers
University Senior Lecturer in Corporate Governance
PhD (University of London)
Dates & fees
24-26 November 2021
£3,300 + VAT
2-4 March 2022
£3,300 + VAT
6-8 July 2022
£3,300 + VAT
VAT is charged at the prevailing rate, which is currently 20%; e.g. £3,300 + 20% = £3,960.
* Fees include instruction, materials, lunch and breaks. Preferential rates may be available for groups, University of Cambridge alumni and members of the School’s Alumni Association. Please note prices pre-registration are subject to change.
For information regarding payment terms, cancellation rights, transfer policies and fees, please see our terms & conditions documents:
Terms & Conditions for Self-funded Applicants (pdf, 277KB) (updated 4 September 2019)
Terms & Conditions for Organisation-funded Applicants (pdf, 295KB) (updated 4 September 2019)
Registration closes at midday two working days before the programme start date.
Participants are expected to attend the full programme.
Please ensure that you have read our Frequently Asked Questions, which provide important additional information about our face-to-face and Live Online programmes, in particular during the COVID-19 pandemic.
If you have any questions or would like to have a chat about this programme and how it could benefit you or your organisation, please get in touch with the programme advisor:
Corporate Business Development Director
Tel: +44 (0)1223 765496
Mob: +44 (0)7548 708065
Version 10 (17 February 2021)