Jan Storgårds is Director and CEO of his company, working on video games-related things. He also does voluntary mentoring for startups in Cambridge and beyond.
Prior to his current role Sector Lead for Digital and Creative industries at Anglia Ruskin University (ARU). Between 2016-2019, Director of REACTOR, program focusing on gamifying products and services. His role at ARU was about making and keeping Anglia Ruskin University as a key player in these sectors by working closely technology startups/small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and connecting them to ARU academics.
Jan’s personal mission is about making creative thinking tangible; he is passionate about working with early-stage technology companies that make innovation happen.
Jan considers himself as an entrepreneur; his experience and interests are in
- Startups/SMEs, early stage technology and creative companies
- Entrepreneurial thinking
- Cluster and entrepreneurial ecosystem development
- Research, program development, international collaboration
- Fund raising for research programs
- Finance and investment readiness
- Volunteering in supporting young entrepreneurship
- Games industry
- Software industry with all of its aspects eg IoT, Smart Cities, Health
Almost all the companies Jan have worked with have been making software of some kind.
Jan is also a co-founder of several entrepreneurial and education initiatives such as:
- GAMEX – Game Executive Training Program (Aalto University)
- Ship – The Startup Festival, Finland
Cambridge Venture Camp (Finland, several universities)
- Latvian Cambridge Venture Camp (Latvia among other countries)
Recently Jan also co-designed and ran full 13 module professional MBA for Finnish executives.
Before joining ARU, Jan worked his way up the cluster development and startup ladder as an entrepreneur, founder, and CEO of the sports software start-up company – Suunto Software Solutions. Since then, he has worked on over 500 IT startups in different roles, and 150 development and research projects. He’s built a company from scratch, developed many more and pursued business opportunities across digital, financial, sport and healthcare technology fields.
Although he’s worked across a range of digital technology industries, Jan has particular experience working with wearables, sports software, digital games, health and finance.