Our mission is to enable and nurture venture creation out of Cambridge.
338 ventures helped since 2013
£475 million in equity raised
68% of companies are still active
£43 million grant money raised
£604 million total money raised
£1 million in other raised
Stats sourced from: S&P Capital IQ and Pitchbook.
Accelerate Cambridge offers a structured approach of three-month programmes that combine entrepreneurship training, regular coaching and mentoring, as well as access to shared workspace.
Strong support is essential for the success of early stage ventures. Our structured programmes:
- accelerate maturation and growth
- prevent common mistakes, including becoming side-tracked
- connect people and resources
We help teams of entrepreneurs turn an idea into a business, launch, and then keep going. Accelerate Cambridge is part of an ecosystem of support for entrepreneurs in Cambridge and will help you to navigate your way through it and find the resources you need.
Our Accelerate Cambridge programmes will provide you with expert advice and mentoring on topics including:
- ideation, idea shaping and initial screening
- discovering the most promising applications for your knowledge or technology
- research and customer development
- protecting your intellectual property
- developing a compelling customer value proposition
- sales and traction
- branding and marketing
- establishing evidence of genuine customer demand
- understanding the competitive landscape
- accessing resources within the value chain
- building a team
- bootstrapping and fundraising
- raising financial capital and dealing with investors
- designing your business model
- pitching your idea and crafting a fundable business plan
How to apply?
Now accepting applications for the Autumn Term 2023.
Accelerate Cambridge Welcome & 2 Day Entrepreneurship Induction Days
Day 1: 10:00-17:30, Thursday 21 September 2023
Day 2: 09:30-16:30, Friday 22 September 2023
Lectures, talks and workshops – every Monday
Coaching and mentoring – every Thursday
Monday 25 September 2023 – Thursday 7 December 2023
Friday 23 June 2023
Please email Accelerate if you have any queries.