Generative Artificial Intelligence: From Hype to Business Impact
This programme offers a unique insight for executives seeking a genuine understanding of the potential and limitations of artificial intelligence (AI). Rather than blindly chasing the latest trends, we invite you to explore AI’s core essence. Led by distinguished faculty from across the University of Cambridge, as well as industry experts, and business leaders who have successfully implemented generative AI throughout their organisations, this 3-day Face-to-face programme at Cambridge will enable you to comprehend the inner workings of AI, assess its true value, and strategise its application within the context of your organisation.
29 Apr-1 May 2024
£3,968 + VAT
29 Apr-1 May 2024
£3,968 + VAT
This programme explores AI, shedding light on its far-reaching impacts. Participants will develop a solid understanding of AI and look into pivotal concepts such as neural networks and advanced language models.
You will receive clear explanations of AI algorithms, explained with real-life scenarios and applications. Interactive sessions will provide hands-on experiences, allowing you to truly understand the practical uses of AI.
You will navigate the ever-evolving legal landscapes, address concerns related to AI bias, and investigate the idea of AI consciousness, drawing insights from the Turing Test.
With the guidance of expert faculty, you will gain invaluable insights into integrating AI into organisational functions. Practical advice will enable you to tailor your AI implementation strategies to your specific business needs. By showcasing how AI genuinely enhances business workflows and adds value, this programme equips participants to harness the potential of AI.
Benefits and career impact
Here’s how the programme can benefit you and your organisation.
- Gain a genuine understanding of AI’s mechanisms, moving beyond the hype.
- Engage with leading computer scientists who’ve been developing AI for years.
- Reflect soberly on AI’s value for your business, distinguishing immediate opportunities from futuristic dreams.
- Acquire hands-on experience with AI software, transforming complex concepts into tangible knowledge.
- Explore the ethical landscape of AI and its implications for the future of work.
- Equip your executives with a nuanced AI understanding, fostering informed decision-making.
- Address AI skepticism by offering a realistic view of its capabilities and limitations.
- Empower your teams to identify AI opportunities that align with your organisation’s unique goals.
- Enhance ethical considerations and awareness of bias, fostering responsible AI implementation.
- Bolster your company’s innovation potential by enabling leaders to drive AI strategy.
This programme supports participants in honing the skills required to lead AI-driven initiatives in their business. These include embracing experimentation, distinguishing opportunity from distraction, managing risk and internal resistance, navigating uncertainty and much more. Through practical hands-on experience with AI, practitioner engagement, thought-provoking debate and strategic toolkits, we strive to deliver an applicable and multi-disciplinary learning experience that keeps pace with these evolving and powerful technologies.
- Mid to senior executives, functional managers and business leaders.
- Managers looking to gain an understanding of generative AI and its potential for both themselves and their teams.
- Mid to senior managers looking to learn how AI can help improve performance within their functional area.
- Those looking to bridge the gap between technical AI and business functions within their organisations.
*Prior experience of coding is not required in order to attend this programme.
Many businesses I’ve spoken to are excited by the potential of generative AI, but they are buffeted by hype. They want to know where AI can make a tangible difference.
Faculty and speakers
Learn from our world-class faculty who bring fresh insights from their leading-edge research into all of our Executive Education programmes. The Academic Programme Directors (APDs) for the AI and Machine Learning programme are Professor David Stillwell and Vesselin Popov.
AI and Machine Learning belongs to our Innovation and Technology-topic executive education programmes. Here is a selection of related programmes:
Managing Innovation Strategically
Idea generation. Product exploitation. Learn to manage and operationalise greater levels of innovation within your organisation, exploring how innovative strategies and disruptive business models can achieve competitive advantage and help you thrive in the face of rapid change.
The Sustainable Finance programme is a comprehensive 3-day journey designed to demystify the complicated landscape of sustainable finance. It’s tailored for investment managers, corporate leaders, banking executives, and operational financial personnel who are keen on aligning financial strategies with sustainability goals.
Speak to a programme advisor
If you have any questions or would like to discuss how this programme could benefit you or your organisation, please get in touch with the programme advisor.