3 weeks (Face-to-face)
6-25 Nov 2022 (Face-to-face)
4-23 Jun 2023 (Face-to-face)
5-24 Nov 2023 (Face-to-face)
The world is changing in fundamental ways compared to what it used to be. There is a multitude of different and interdependent trends out there, social trends, climate level trends, trends in technologies, digitisation, which leads to automation, but also political changes. And while we can understand the individual trends, they produce interactions. And so all of a sudden, we see unexpected events, which develop into crises, which throw us into turmoil.
Standard assumptions that leaders used to operate under are no longer viable. The ten-year strategic plans of the past are gone. The only answer to this is being responsive and adaptive in order to track a world that is running in cycles around you.
The Cambridge Advanced Leadership Programme is really a programme that will help delegates find the answers to their challenges as opposed to supply the answers to their challenges.
This is as far as it could get from a cookie cutter style programme. This is about crafting, producing the right solution, which means taking a step back, thinking through all the information that’s being supplied, but internalising the information, assimilating it, and then turning it into something that makes sense for their context.
The lineup consists of, obviously, some of the best faculty in business school. But also at the same time, outside experts that we bring in to enrich the understanding of the participants. And they can open up a completely different way of what leadership means in different contexts.
Taking them away from the classroom helps spark different ways by which they will learn about specific topics. If we want to be discussing how do you manage high performance teams, holding the discussion in an environment where every year a new high performance team is created and winning a cup, like the Cambridge Bowl.
When participants join the Cambridge ALP they will be in a group of no more than 25 people. They get to know each other extremely well. They have a personal relationship with the faculty members who are working with them. And we believe that in this small group, their learning is deeper and more intense.
It’s a city that inspires you. It’s really conducive to wanting to open your mind to curiosity and to asking yourself some life questions.
We’re looking into a place that has shaped in many ways the current world that we’re living in. Through the innovations that have emerged, through the fact that they have been tackling systematically big questions, big problems in very efficient ways. That’s what characterises Cambridge as a university and as an academic spirit. So that transcends into the programme.
The delegates walk away with the self-confidence to have identified their individual personal leadership style, a thoughtful leadership style that will enable them to take their organisation forward in the right direction in such a volatile world.
The world is changing in fundamental ways and at an ever-increasing pace. Long term strategic plans that leaders used in the past are no longer viable. The Cambridge Advanced Leadership Programme will help you to find the answers to your challenges, craft a new direction and provide you with the confidence and capabilities to deliver it.
This three-week general management and leadership programme provides experienced general managers and senior executives with the opportunity to pause, reflect and gain a fresh perspective in a learning environment second to none. Participants will benefit from discussions with outstanding faculty from Cambridge Judge Business School, other faculties of the University of Cambridge and industry. In addition, they will exchange ideas and solutions with a carefully selected peer group, as a member of the programme cohort.
If you choose to join the Cambridge Advanced Leadership Programme (ALP), then you will be experiencing a place that has created knowledge for 800 years. It is a place of unique charm, quiet beauty and inspiration. Drawing on a wealth of knowledge across science, technology, economics, politics, business and management, the ALP provides a breadth of perspectives over an intensive three week period. One of the necessary future leadership skills will be how to respond and adapt to the new realities and maintain competitive advantage.
Three major themes span the programme, weaving discussion and debate into a coherent fabric on which participants can chart their next moves.
- Making sense of turbulent times
- Building organisational and personal capabilities
- Leading into the future.
Your learning journey
Over the three-week period, these themes are explored through a number of core sessions that address specific issues related to them. These sessions include – but will not always be limited to:
- Ecosystem advantage
- India – innovation and technology
- Managing the unforeseen
- Managing the media
- The global economic environment
- Management of people
- International finance
- Globalisation of service businesses
- China, including business and government relations
- Global supply chain
- Fostering and guiding innovation
- Global leadership
- Innovation – the Cambridge way
- Corporate governance
- Leading growth through M&A
- Network and power dynamics
- High-performance teams
- Leadership, hierarchies and teams
- A day-and-a-half of group and individual coaching.
Download the Open Programmes brochure for more information on the modules and faculty.
We will test you, challenge you, encourage you and inspire you.
- A refreshed leadership mindset – the red line through the three weeks IS leadership
- ‘Time out’ – it is not often that you have space just for yourself, without the demands of the office and family. The Cambridge ALP helps you take stock of your professional and personal life.
- Immersion in cutting edge thinking with leading thinkers, combined with magisterial experience from seasoned leaders from diverse backgrounds
- Networking – with other senior executives individually selected for admission. The time spent together is long enough to help you make friends and colleagues for life, a group who can call on each other long after the programme. On completing the Cambridge Advanced Leadership Programme you will be eligible to become an associate alumnus of Cambridge Judge Business School, a global network of business people
- An international perspective – participants and faculty come from all over the world. In the last session of the ALP, 14 nationalities were represented in the class.
For your organisation:
- They will see you come back ready and able to make a difference; an agent of change within the organisation who can cascade your learning to your team and colleagues
- They will see you more self-confident, fit to assume greater leadership responsibility
- You will be better-networked for enhanced business opportunities internationally.
On completion of the programme, participants will be awarded a digital certificate of completion by Cambridge Judge Business School Executive Education.
Faculty & speakers
Learn from our world-class faculty who bring fresh insights from their leading-edge research into all of our Executive Education programmes.
The Academic Programme Director (APD) for the Cambridge Advanced Leadership Programme is Professor Stelios Kavadias.
Access profiles of the programme’s APD and faculty:
Download the Open Programmes brochure for more information on the modules and faculty.
Face-to-face is a traditional, intense classroom learning experience and is all about hands-on interaction. You will be a part of exercises, debates and conversations, engaging directly with our faculty and your peers. Conversations spill over into breaktimes and meals, forming lasting connections. Share your ideas, develop your network and grow professionally, whilst enjoying the historic city of Cambridge.
Who should attend?
- Managing directors and heads of business units with at least two years’ experience in this position and P&L responsibility
- Those working within small, medium and large organisations in the public or private sector
- Executives from the non-profit sector
- Heads of corporate functions
- Contributors to the strategy of the organisation
- Individuals who have made a difference – they may be entrepreneurs, academics or individual contributors. They should be outstanding in their area and bring a different viewpoint to the group.
Important notice on fees
A price increase will go into effect on 1 September 2022 across our programme portfolio. The price of the Cambridge Advanced Leadership Programme programme will change from £20,000 + VAT to £21,000 + VAT. All bookings made prior to this date will be honoured at the previously advertised rate.
Cambridge Judge Business School Executive Education appreciates your continued support and business. Should you have any questions or concerns about this increase, we encourage you to reach out to our Team.
Reserve a place
Demand for this programme is high and we encourage prospective candidates to reserve a place; this ensures we hold a provisional place whilst allowing time to complete the application documents.
Why Cambridge Judge Business School?
Cambridge Judge faculty
All of our programmes are designed and led by an Academic Programme Director, who is a member of Cambridge Judge Business School faculty. They will also deliver substantial portions of that programme.
The research conducted by Cambridge Judge Business School’s 19 research centres, across a diverse range of disciplines, flows directly into all of our programmes, bringing new insights to our programme content.
Small group learning
With small class sizes, we continue the Cambridge way of learning that emphasises high levels of interaction with both our world-class faculty and peers.
The Cambridge Advanced Leadership Programme belongs to our Leadership-topic executive education programmes. Here are a selection of related programmes:
If you have any questions or would like to have a chat about this programme and how it could benefit you or your organisation, please get in touch with the programme advisor:
Director of Open Programmes
Tel: +44 (0)1223 765855
Mob: +44 (0)7901 622646
£21,000 + VAT (Face-to-face)
Accommodation is also included. See details below.
Benefit from our early payment discount
If full payment is received at least six calendar months before the programme start date, there will be a 10% discount on the tuition fee, subject to the applicant being accepted on the programme.
Fees include all programme materials, daytime refreshments and some evening meals, accommodation in the centre of Cambridge, some Cambridge-based activities and a gala dinner in a historic Cambridge College. 19 nights’ accommodation.
Registration closes at midday two working days before the programme start date.
Participants are expected to attend the full programme.
VAT is charged at the prevailing rate, which is currently 20%; e.g. £20,000 + 20% = £24,000.
For information regarding payment terms, cancellation rights, transfer policies and fees, please see our terms & conditions documents:
Version 13 (1 September 2022)