8-10 months (Blended)
Starts 21 Feb 2023
Create value as a strategic HR leader
The Chief People Officer Programme is developed for HR leaders to focus on evolving changes in human resources and people operations management and gain the skills needed to implement human-centric organisational transformation. At the end of the programme, you will emerge ready to navigate disruption and excel as a forward-thinking HR leader in the C-suite.
The programme’s comprehensive, multidisciplinary curriculum encompasses all aspects of the HR head’s role: from strategy to executive influence. It will equip you to outline clear goals that align with your organisation’s purpose, culture and social context. Over 8 to 10 months, you will identify strategies for driving sustainable organisational innovation through trust, creativity and collaboration.
This programme is being delivered in collaboration with Emeritus.
Your learning journey
- Work in the 21st century
- Aligning strategy and human resources
- Crafting organisational context for trust and creativity
- The good organisation.
The Chief People Officer Programme will enable you to:
- Apply new frameworks and management techniques to appreciate and address the organisational challenges and opportunities of the 21st century
- Implement new approaches for leading and inspiring a modern workforce
- Effectively influence board-level discussions on strategic issues that relate to the people side of the organisation to improve strategic alignment
- Design strategies to empower your workforce in a continuously changing world
- Critically act on the societal expectations for your organisation and the social responsibilities of the contemporary CPO role.
The curriculum comprises a mix of online core and elective modules. The core modules are structured around 4 pillars of contemporary HR leadership and talent strategy. Following this, you will have the opportunity to explore strategies for an increasingly digital workplace with a choice of electives.
Electives (online | choose any 2)
- Diversity, equity and inclusion: DEI strategies for business impact
- People analytics: transforming HR strategy with data science
- Digital disruption: digital transformation strategies
- Business analytics: decision-making using data.
Faculty & speakers
Learn from our world-class faculty who bring fresh insights from their leading-edge research into all of our Executive Education programmes.
The Academic Programme Director (APD) for the Chief People Officer Programme is Dr Jochem Kroezen.
Access profiles of the programme’s APD and faculty:
Download the Open Programmes brochure for more information on the modules and faculty.
Blended (a mix of Live Online, Online and Face-to-face)
This programme has been designed with the needs of busy executives in mind. The programme offers a flexible learning format, including faculty sessions, guest lectures and case studies, for maximum career and business impact. Modules will take place Live Online, Online and Face-to-face.
Who should attend?
The Chief People Officer Programme is ideal for:
- Senior HR executives in mid-to-large corporations accomplished in overseeing functional operations and aiming to develop strategic capabilities and influencing skills to advance into the C-suite
- HR or people operations heads tasked with leading the function in a different direction and want fresh perspectives on disruption or problem-solving strategies in an increasingly digital workplace.
Participants should preferably have:
- Accomplished work experience in technical or business roles
- An agenda for change
- More than 15 years’ work experience in HR.
Why Cambridge Judge Business School?
Cambridge Judge faculty
All of our programmes are designed and led by an Academic Programme Director, who is a member of Cambridge Judge Business School faculty. They will also deliver substantial portions of that programme.
The research conducted by Cambridge Judge Business School’s 20 research centres, across a diverse range of disciplines, flows directly into all of our programmes, bringing new insights to our programme content.
Small group learning
With small class sizes, we continue the Cambridge way of learning that emphasises high levels of interaction with both our world-class faculty and peers.
Chief People Officer Programme belongs to our Leadership-topic executive education programmes. Here are a selection of other Leadership programmes:
Please note prices pre-registration are subject to change.
Registration closes at midday two working days before the programme start date.
Participants are expected to attend the full programme.
For information regarding payment terms, cancellation rights, transfer policies and fees, please see our terms & conditions documents:
Version 1 (14 December 2022)