Welcome to Management Studies Tripos admissions
If you are an undergraduate student at the University of Cambridge, you have completed at least 2 years of another Tripos and you are interested in pursuing a career in management, then this programme is for you.
Please note that it is not possible to take the Management Studies Tripos immediately on entry to Cambridge (ie in your first year), nor is it possible to transfer to the programme from any other institution in the UK or abroad.
Who we are looking for?
We’re after University of Cambridge undergraduates, with a strong academic record and an interest in acquiring the knowledge and skills associated with good management.
The Management Studies Tripos is for you if:
- you are in your second or third year of a University of Cambridge bachelor’s degree
- you want to become more knowledgeable about the world of business and management
Here are the key steps to our application process.
- Step 1 – College Tutorial Office
- Step 2 – Application
- Step 3 – Application review
- Step 4 – Conditional offer
- Step 5 – Offer
- Step 6 – Appeals process (if relevant)
Our minimum requirements
Take the first step with our checklist to see if you meet the course requirements.
For 2024/25, we anticipate the minimum entry requirement will be at least 67.5% over your previous 2 years of Cambridge study. Please note that the minimum requirement for applicants in their second year may be slightly higher than that for third-year applicants. Places are limited and third-year students will not be eligible to apply again. The admissions criteria are:
- Third-year students: If you are currently in your third year of study, offers will be based on a weighted average of results from your second-year (30%) and third-year (70%) university examinations. Applicants currently on their Year Abroad (eg Modern Languages students) will be considered on the basis of their second-year results.
- Second-year students: If you are in your second year to study, offers will be on the basis of your current year’s university examinations. First year results will not be considered in the admission decision, except where no other results are available.
References from your College tutors and directors of studies may be requested by the Tutorial Office to make their final decisions.
It is not necessary for you have a high level of mathematical knowledge. However, if you don’t have a mathematical background (or mathematics to A-level), you might want to prepare for the programme by studying some mathematics and statistics in advance.