Chief Human Resources Officer Programme
A programme developed for HR leaders to focus on evolving changes in human resources and people operations management.
Upcoming programme dates to be confirmed.
The Chief Human Resources Officer Programme is developed for HR leaders to focus on evolving changes in human resources and people operations management and gain the skills needed to implement human-centric organisational transformation.
The programme’s comprehensive, multidisciplinary curriculum encompasses all aspects of the HR head’s role: from strategy to executive influence. It will equip you to outline clear goals that align with your organisation’s purpose, culture and social context. Over 8 to 10 months, you will identify strategies for driving sustainable organisational innovation through trust, creativity and collaboration.
Benefits and career impact
- Apply new frameworks and management techniques to appreciate and address the organisational challenges and opportunities of the 21st century.
- Implement new approaches for leading and inspiring a modern workforce.
- Effectively influence board-level discussions on strategic issues that relate to the people side of the organisation to improve strategic alignment.
- Design strategies to empower your workforce in a continuously changing world.
- Critically act on the societal expectations for your organisation and the social responsibilities of the contemporary CPO role.
At the end of the programme, you will emerge ready to navigate disruption and excel as a forward-thinking HR leader in the C-suite.
How you learn: Blended
A mix of live online, online and face-to-face.
The rewarding 9-month learning journey comprises a mix of core and elective online modules crafted to deliver professional development, supported by your own personal success coach.
- Learn from thought leaders and cutting-edge researchers
- Benefit from high touch live online sessions, project coaching and leading industry guest speakers
- Interact with faculty, peers and global industry leaders during a three-day, in-person networking event.
The Chief Human Resources Officer Programme is ideal for:
- senior HR executives in mid-to-large corporations accomplished in overseeing functional operations and aiming to develop strategic capabilities and influencing skills to advance into the C-suite
- HR or people operations heads tasked with leading the function in a different direction and want fresh perspectives on disruption or problem-solving strategies in an increasingly digital workplace.
Participants should preferably have:
- accomplished work experience in technical or business roles
- an agenda for change
- more than 15 years’ work experience in HR.
Faculty and speakers
Learn from our world-class faculty who bring fresh insights from their leading-edge research into all of our Executive Education programmes. The Academic Programme Director (APD) for the Chief Human Resources Officer Programme is Dr Jochem Kroezen.
The Chief Human Resources Officer Programme belongs to our Leadership-topic executive education programmes. Here are a selection of other Leadership programmes:
Cambridge Advanced Leadership Programme
Refresh your thinking and fine-tune your leadership agenda. The Cambridge ALP is a challenging, immersive programme designed for senior leaders and executives looking to revitalise their leadership strategies. Weaving together vibrant debate, deep experience and leading-edge thinking, you’ll gain new skills, confidence and networks.
Step back. Take stock. Then return, ready to move forward and create immediate impact.
Cambridge Senior Management Programme
Engage with world-renowned Cambridge faculty and interact with an exceptional peer group. The Cambridge Senior Management Programme is a uniquely transformative learning journey covering four key themes: Strategy, Digital Innovation, Organisational Transformation and Business Analytics. Building confidence and expertise, you’ll enhance your strategic leadership perspective in preparation for the next step in your career.
Cambridge General Management Programme
Broaden your perspective, create new connections and gain a deeper understanding of key management disciplines, including Finance, Marketing, Operations and Innovation. The Cambridge General Management Programme is an intensive two-week programme that will stretch your thinking and increase your confidence. Designed to support your transition to a broader management role, you’ll improve your decision-making abilities and get ready to accelerate your career.