Applying for the MBA
Each year we are proud to admit an incredibly talented, driven, diverse and international class of MBA students representing a myriad of different professions and cultures.
Together, they are committed to making the most of their Cambridge MBA experience, and to creating impact in their chosen field and career.
We’re delighted you’re thinking of joining us. Innovators, world-shapers, ground-breakers – this is your place.
2-13 Oct 2023
On campus interviews:
2 Oct 2023
13-24 Nov 2023
On campus interviews:
13 Nov 2023
26 Feb-15 Mar 2024
On campus interviews:
12-26 Apr 2024
7-21 Jun 2024
Benefits of an in-person interview
We are delighted to welcome candidates back to Cambridge Judge in person for our earlier rounds, for those applying to join us in September 2024.
The MBA interview offers candidates the chance to meet faculty and speak to students and alumni who have experienced the programme for themselves.
For those joining us on campus, we are able to show you the unique city of Cambridge, from the spectacular College Dinner the evening before the interview, through to the opportunity to network and build connections with your peers and future classmates before your MBA year begins.
We also offer candidates a Careers Masterclass where you can discuss and review your MBA goals for the year ahead with the CJBS Careers team.
Visiting Cambridge and meeting staff, students and alumni in person can make all the difference in your decision making, ensuring that the Cambridge MBA is the right fit for you and your MBA year.
Enjoy the day! Cambridge is a wonderful city and location for study, and we hope to give you a taste of this at the in-person interview. Talk to people and be curious – you will make connections here, wherever you finally undertake your MBA.
Who we’re looking for
The Cambridge MBA is right for you if:
- you have 2+ years of work experience and strong evidence of career progression
- you have a bachelor’s degree (equivalent to a high 2:1 on the UK scale) and have excelled academically
- you have a valid GMAT/GRE score (our average is typically around 690)
- you have excellent English language abilities.
- you have a learning mindset and strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
- you are confident, resilient, ambitious and thrive under pressure.
Intellectual ability and mindset are key to our admissions requirements, but we value diversity and understand the variety of international experiences and opportunity our candidates may have faced. If you only meet some of these criteria but still think you’re a good fit, read our apply page to learn more about exceptions we may make.
When I first visited Cambridge, I fell in love with the city and the colleges and the atmosphere across the Business School as well.
I visited Cambridge in person for my MBA interview. I wanted to get a sense of what it would be like to both live and study here. The visit was a key point in my decision to do the MBA.
Our application process is simple and friendly.
- Step 1: Preparation
- Step 2: Application submission
- Step 3: Application review
- Step 4: Interview
- Step 5: Conditional offer
- Step 6: Unconditional offer
I was steadfast in my decision to study at Cambridge after the interview weekend. Every corner of Cambridge inspired me, I came away feeling like I has found the place that I belonged.
Our minimum requirements
Make sure you have everything necessary to submit the strongest application possible. Below is a list of requirements for applying to the Cambridge MBA.
Please note, if you are a national from outside the UK or Ireland, you will normally require a student visa in order to study our MBA. Please refer to the information on the University’s international students webpages for detailed guidance.
All applications are made online, and you need to submit all required supporting documentation. An online payment of £165 will be charged for the submission of your completed application.
We require a good 2:1 Honours degree on the UK grading scale or international equivalent. Lower scores may be considered, but you will need a good GMAT or GRE score. Masters degree details can be included but are not required.
You must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience by the start of the programme. Our class average is around 6 years of work experience.
You’ll need either a GMAT, GMAT Focus Edition or GRE score to apply to the Cambridge MBA.
- GMAT mean average: 680-690 (GMAT Focus Edition – 625-635)
- GRE mean average: Verbal – 78%, Quant – 71%
Scores are valid for 5 years and your score must be valid at the point of application.
GMAT programme code: WF1-T3-68
GRE institution code: 0832
You will need one reference from a supervisor. We do not accept academic references or those from relatives, peers, or colleagues. The reference must come from someone who has worked with you in a supervisory or managerial role.
Choose your referee and get them started early so your application is not held up by late reference submission.
Your referee will receive an automatic reference request once you have entered their contact details on our online application system.
You must complete the careers objectives statement and 3, shorter essays:
- Please provide details of your post-MBA career plans. The statement should not exceed 500 words and must address the following:
- What are your short and long-term career objectives? How will the Cambridge MBA equip you to achieve these?
- Looking at your short-term career goal, describe the research you have done to understand how this industry/role/location recruits MBA talent and what they are looking for in a candidate?
- How confident do you feel about meeting your short-term career goal? What skills/characteristics do you already have that will help you to achieve them, and what preparation are you doing now?
- Tell us about a time when you made a professional mistake. How could it have ended differently? (up to 200 words)
- Tell us about the best team you worked with. What made the team successful? (up to 200 words)
- Provide an example of when someone else positively impacted your life. What did you learn from this experience? (up to 200 words)
Fluency in English is a pre-requisite for the Cambridge MBA. If English is not your first language, you must have taken a recognised English proficiency test in the 2 years prior to September on the year for which you’re applying for entry.
You need to think carefully now about how you plan to fund your MBA. Do not wait until later. See our fees and funding pages for more information.
Still have questions? Learn more from the Cambridge MBA admissions team and current students.
Every year, Cambridge Judge awards 5 Forté Foundation scholarships to MBA candidates demonstrating an exceptional commitment to female leadership. We met up with this year’s recipients to find out more about their experience on the MBA programme and their top tips on applying.
After a few years of offering online interviews due to the global pandemic, the MBA Admissions Team are now offering candidates the opportunity to attend the interview at Cambridge Judge Business School in person. Here we share some insights from our alumni about their memories of attending the in-person interview before starting their MBA year, as well as some tips and insights into the format of the day itself.
We’d love to meet you. Join us at one of our upcoming fairs, webinars or open days to learn exactly what makes the Cambridge MBA so special.
Join us in Delhi for a keynote by Professor Kishore Sengupta on enabling executives to attain a balance in how they focus their attention.
Join our Open Day to be able to learn more about the Cambridge MBA.
Join us for an informal virtual Q&A chat with a member of our Cambridge MBA Recruitment and Admissions team.