Tailored to fit your learning needs
We believe in learning by doing.
The Cambridge EMBA and Global EMBA programmes enable you to study while you work, and then apply what you’ve learned.
Designed to fit around the demanding schedules of busy senior executives, you’ll follow one of 2 convenient and collaborative formats – weekends or block weeks – so you can continue to meet your work commitments and maintain your work/life balance.
The Cambridge EMBA
Gain a first-class global business education. The Cambridge EMBA is delivered principally in the historic and well-connected city of Cambridge and centred right at the heart of our dynamic local business community.
Format: A 20-month programme delivered across 16 weekends and 4 week-long sessions, spread across five terms.
The Global EMBA
Gain a first-class global business education delivered through blended learning and international business trips.
Format: A 20-month programme delivered in 6 week-long (4 in Cambridge and 2 International) and 11 online teaching blocks.
Theory with practice
Elevate your expertise as a senior business professional through our impactful practical projects. Dive deep into your area of interest with the Individual Project, producing substantial work that contributes to new knowledge creation under faculty guidance.
Immerse yourself in the entrepreneurial hotspots of Cambridge’s Silicon Fen. Experience global innovation and tech genius firsthand, and participate in the International Business Study Trip outside of the UK.
Enhance self-awareness and essential career development skills through workshops and executive coaching, empowering growth as a senior manager or leader.
Academic outline and programme dates
To find out more about the programme dates for our programmes including when you need to be in Cambridge, another location or attend online please download our programme dates:
Your learning experience
Collaborative, innovative, applied and focused. Learn the Cambridge way.
- Engage with your carefully selected international cohort, sharing ideas and experiences
- Learn from outstanding, leading-edge faculty and discuss the latest business insights
- Work with business leaders and innovative thinkers to tackle real-world issues
- Become adept at working across international groups
- Learn the skills to operate and lead successfully in today’s global business environment
- Hear from industry experts through our dedicated speaker series
- Enjoy contributions from top-level business practitioners
- Build your career skills through a range of topical and focused sessions. In the past these have included topics such as Smarter Networking, and Creating Your Personal Brand
- Experience our holistic approach to business
- Draw on wider disciplines and expertise from around the University of Cambridge
- Class participation
- Formal written examinations
- Written project submissions
- Group and individual assignments
- Regular qualitative and quantitative feedback
Expand your self-awareness. As a senior manager or leadership professional. Develop your business skills in a series of workshops delivered by visiting practitioners, including:
- Speech drafting and writing
- Business writing
- Presenting at senior level
- Consultative selling
- Media Skills
- Coaching as a leader
Receive six sessions of executive coaching and benefit from a positive and evidenced effect on your organisational success and individual performance. You’ll develop your performance and behaviour by reflecting on and drawing out your ideas, inspiration and unifying principles.
- Explore Special Interest Groups (SIGs) – groups led by students to help you network and collaborate in a particular sector
- Access world-class research facilities, including initiatives such as the Entrepreneurship Centre
- Become a Cambridge Judge Business School alumni
- Stay connected as part of our global community
As part of the assessment for the Executive MBA you are required to sit examinations. These generally take place on specific Friday mornings and are likely to require you to be here earlier on those days. The examination dates will be provided when you start the programme.
I was really interested in some other courses, and when I came back this year, I was able to do the Fast Strategy, Intrapreneurship and Business Instinct elective.
Lifelong learning opportunities
After graduation, the Executive MBA continues to equip alumni with the knowledge and skills to become more effective managers and leaders.
Cambridge EMBA and Global EMBA alumni will have the opportunity to participate in Lifelong Learning opportunities from the Business School and the University to keep abreast of the latest research and thinking to support your professional and social development. This will enable our alumni community to stay engaged with CJBS and the University community throughout their careers.
Leading-edge faculty combine the highest academic standards with practical business know-how.
Please note that the list of faculty teaching on this programme is subject to change from year to year.